Extended Info Pop Ups in Preview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info Pop Ups in Preview?

I have checked Generate Pop Up page etc and enabled pop-ups in my browser, but the pop up window does not appear when I click More when in Website Preview. Does the website have to be uploaded to the internet for the pop ups to work? I want to have my Actinic site working right before I upload, as I have an existing online shop live on my site.

Sarah

Hello Sarah,

Are you using Windows XP SP2 ?

If so, each time you preview you will have to right click the bar at the top of your screen and click "allow blocked content". This will then enable you to preview your pages properly.

I've tried all sorts of settings with SP2 but it always blocks the pop ups for Actinic. You'll have to get used to clicking the top bar!

The good news is that once your site is uploaded, it is no longer an issue.

Hope this helps.

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Myles has probably nailed it; but the other thing to keep an eye on is whether there is a little yellow error icon (JavaScript Error) in the bottom left of your browser window.

If so double-click it to see what's wrong.

If you don't get a meaningful error message (and IE is pretty hopeless there), then try viewing your pages with Mozilla ( www.mozilla.org - or on nearly every computer magazine cover CD ) and turn on Tools / Web Development / javaScript Console.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X