New site cant enter cgi-bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New site cant enter cgi-bin

I am uploading a new site. I have configured my web site details and completed a network check evrything seems fine. Iv uploaded the site and its successful. But when you try to enter the online shop area you recieve an arror. i have checked that the write permissions are 755 (drwxr-xr-x) etc and technically it should work, but it doesn't. I thought that maybe my host didn't have perl installed but i had an actinic site already there.

Any Ideas??

kind regards James

If you post a link to the site we could take a look.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The site is www.incentives-uk.com I have only started to upload it today for the catalog. I use an independent FTP to upload pages I have edited in dreamweaver so at the mo all that is there is a navigation bar and a title.

But you will see that the link doesn't appear to be working.

Comment

It's strange, because some of the scripts like view cart and checkout work as far as they're reporting 'your shopping cart is empty...' but others like the search script isn't.

I'm not sure you have all the perl scripts loaded as there are a bunch of them numbered xxxxxxx99.pl that don't have the same equivalent xxxxxxx01.pl which appears to be the numbering scheme you have active.

If I were you I'd do a full refresh as your manual ftp'ing is probably leaving out a few essential scripts.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks for having a look ill have another look at it today but i think i might have to contact my host to see if they have enabled perl scripts or not.

Kind regards

James Hanson

Comment

Perl is working on your site. The problems seem to be with the scripts you've uploaded.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X