Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic logo on brochure page

Hi all,

Im trying to get the 'powered by actinic' logo and text to sit central at the bottom of my brochure home page. How do I make the text that goes with the actinic logo sit central with the logo.

I would also like to make the background that it sits on, yellow. I have tried to edit the actinic.css but can't make the background turn from white to yellow.

Appreciate any advice with this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    rich jacob
    firecraka
    Last edited by cdicken; 11-Nov-2004, 04:06 PM. Reason: Have removed the hyperlink.

DONT VISIT THIS SITE ABOVE - AS IT IS LOADED TO REDIRECT HITS TO INFECT YOU

Tried to look but your site comes up with a Forbidden Message and then tried to redirect my browser to a ton of IP addresses all trying to load ActiveX programs and Applets onto my machine, which was blocked.

DONT VISIT THIS SITE ABOVE - AS IT IS LOADED TO REDIRECT HITS TO INFECT YOU

Comment

Hi,

Apologies for that...i had some strange stuff happen the store today and it did the same thing to me. Had to delete the whole thing and upload it fresh after a complete virus scan.

But back to the original question. Its concerning the 'powered by actinic' text. I chose to add one of the nicer logos provided. But when i preview it the original text and the added image don't centralise and it looks really scruffy. I know how to change the image but can't seem to find how to alter the properties of the text. I have attached a jpeg screenshot of the page.

Appreciate any help on this one.

Regards.
      rich jacob
      firecraka
      Attached Files

Comment

One more thing..

Just out of interest..have you any ideas about what was happening when you called up the site.. It came as a complete shock to me. I managed to sort it out and double checked with my hosting service. It was very scary that something like could have happened. I double checked my own pc and came up clean. Is there areas open to attack that I should be aware of in the design stages of building actinic stores.

Again big apologies for sending you to that page..I had no idea that was happening..and that worries me about future projects.

If there is an open door somewhere i would really like to close it..if you know what i mean.

Thanks for your time.
        Kind regards
        rich jacob

P.s that store is now ok and functioning properly.

Comment

Go into Advanced | Template Manager and Main tab, and the Powered by button will bring up the template used for this aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by firecraka
            Just out of interest..have you any ideas about what was happening when you called up the site.. It came as a complete shock to me. I managed to sort it out and double checked with my hosting service. It was very scary that something like could have happened. I double checked my own pc and came up clean. Is there areas open to attack that I should be aware of in the design stages of building actinic stores.
            There is not a programming hole within Actinic that will cause this - can assure you of that - unless you are the very first site in Actinic v6's long existance to surcome to such a vulnerability.

The page caused a forbidden message and subsequent multiple redirects to externally vulnerable servers which try and infect the visitors PCs by installing ActiveX components and trojans into the systems.

A virus scan of your PC and your site files will not find it, as the trojans are not on your site, but on external servers. What is happening on your server is something is arbitarially (spelling hmmm) redirecting visitors to the infected machines that carry these trojans, which means that a hole exists within the server OS somewhere...

This smacks of a PHP issue that we experienced a while back, which resulted in us removing all PHP services from all servers whilst an overhaul and evaluation was conducted.....

Comment

hi

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me..i will be speaking to my hosting company again tomorrow about this.

Also the 'powered by actinic' advice worked a treat..looks much better now.

Appreciated.

Rich Jacob
              firecraka

Comment

Glad the powered by is now sorted...

Comment

Hi again..

I just wanted to let you know that you were spot on about the virus attack. I have spoken to fasthosts today and they have switched the server off and have found lots of sites had been infected with this attack. Had me sweating for a while..lol. They have expressed their embarrassment at the situation and are currently working to find out more about the attack.

So...thanks for all your spot on advice.

I hope that doesn't happen again !!

Kind regards
                  rich jacob
                  firecraka

Comment

Dont know if you have already suggested it, but might want to ask them if they have looked at the PHP (if provided on the accounts) in that case...

Comment

Working...
                    X