Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading products to Actinic Via Sage

Hi,

I've got the Getting Started with Actinic Link book. I've followed the instructions to use "Sage line 50 to Actinic" link. I created the profile and tested it.

Then I "processed" and it said it had transferred just 20 products (theres lots more than 20). Went to File | import sage line 50 data...

It brings up the Importing new catalog box and goes thru the 'ticks', Says its complete. I click OK. And I get the following error message:

"At least one error occurred during import"

It closes down and I have no products in my catalog.

I then went to process again and now it's asking for the serial number and activation key to activate Sage Data Objects. It didnt ask before, so why now? Is this why it's not working?

Sam

I'm currently working on getting the serial number and key. I will post again if i continue to have problems after entering it.

Thanks,
    Sam

Comment

OK, I'm back and after a play I've managed to import the products from sage to actinic.

I have some questions, not sure if you can help cos they may be more sage related:

1. Is there a way of uploading products so that they automatically do the component and attribute thing to give a drop down of different colours for example? If not, how do I do this so that when I update from Sage I don't have to re-do it in actinic everytime?

2. The way the site was designed is that there's only ever one product per page. This means that in actinic I need the category and a sub category with the one product in that sub category. Looking at Sage, I can't see a way to add more than one category? Can anybody suggest a solution for this?

Thanks,
      Sam

Comment

Hi,

I know it's annoying when people get impatient when questions aren't answered, but I'm worried that noone has even looked at it since I added the last comment. Maybe I should have posted it as a separate post.

Sam

Comment

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

1. Is there a way of uploading products so that they automatically do the component and attribute thing to give a drop down of different colours for example? If not, how do I do this so that when I update from Sage I don't have to re-do it in actinic everytime?
          What you will need to do is set up these components, attributes and choices in Actinic.

When you come to import new products from Sage, only use the update option.

2. The way the site was designed is that there's only ever one product per page. This means that in actinic I need the category and a sub category with the one product in that sub category. Looking at Sage, I can't see a way to add more than one category? Can anybody suggest a solution for this?
          When you need more then one section you will have to transfer your products using the "Web" field in the Product Record. Under that tab you will see three Categories. This means you can have three sections.

If you use the web fields make sure it is set up in Link too. Go to the Products/Sections tab and select the Sage web fields.

Is that any help?
          Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
          X