Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Forums to Actinic

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help, I'm interested in adding a forum to my website, where people can chat about the products and health in general, is anyone aware of software I can use which I can either directly add to my site or use as a link through?

Thanks
    Linda
    www.bridgingthegaptonaturalhealth.com
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

I'm using phpBB (see www.phpbb.com), an open source bulletin board to host a forum similar to the Actinic one (see www.drillpine.biz/forums/ - pretty much a straight out of the box version).

You need to have a server with PHP and mySQL available for this to run.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks - had a good look at their site, but therir doesn't appear to be any prices etc?
      Best Regards
      www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'

Comment

Throughly recommend Snitz for asp.

Free

Example: www.tutor2u.net/forum/default.asp

Software: www.snitz.com

Jim
        www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

open source
          Means you can use the software free
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks everyone
            Best Regards

Comment

We use snitz as well, it is great.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

How do I link straight to Forum?

Hi,

Thanks for all your help so far. I've set a forum using YaBB (which appears to be the same version as Snitz??) but I was wondering:

I'm using the smart theme, and I have a button for 'forums' - how do I link this directly to my forum so that it takes the customer straight there and not on to a brochure page?

Thanks as always.

Linda
                www.bridgingthegaptonaturalhealth.com
                Best Regards

Comment

I'm not sure how to do exactly what you want.

In the interim why not create a fragment in your Brochure page "Forums" and in that fragment add some descriptive text about your forum. Then use the Link tab in that fragment's details to make some text clickable that sends customers off to your BB.

Norman

PS your full solution (I've not tried this but can't see why it won't work) might be to use a custom brochure primary template for just that one brochure page that contains a META REFRESH that sends the customer off to your forum.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I'm toying with a forum add-on as well. I've used yabb to create it and you can see the latest work here... http://www.footballheaven.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

At the moment its just a work in progress (colours, etc) and I'm not sure I'm even going to use it, eg dealers flogging their stuff on there.

I'd also suggest it might be a good idea to make it open up in new window, as when a user leaves the forum they don't necessary leave the site.

Open to comments on these issues though.
                    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Like the forum!

I like the forum - mine's still in it's very basic format as I've been working on it this weekend.

http://www.bridgingthegaptonaturalhe...gi-bin/YaBB.pl

Do you know how to open it in a separate page from a button on the website?

Linda
                      Best Regards

Comment

Sorry - wrong address

Actual address is:

http://www.bridgingthegaptonaturalhe...n/yabb/YaBB.pl

Lind
                        Best Regards

Comment

Working...
                        X