Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOS Attack for SecPay

F.Y.I.

Any one who takes payment via secpay may encounter problems today. We have 2 sites via them and all our orders were ending up in psp box. After eventually deciding that it was not our web site, we phoned secpay.

Their response was "we have been experiencing a DOS attack today and therefore any customers wishing to pay via our facilities will be timed out and unable to complete their transaction. A decision was made at a higher level not to tell our customers that this was happening".

Thanks very much Secpay! I have just spent half the day running around trying to find out what the problem is and telling customers it must their problem they can't make a payment.

Trading on our site has been suspended until tomorrow hopefully.

If you go the secpay you'll find a link to the latest news on the front page. The payment service has been up and running for the last couple of hours although there has been some serious service problems for the last day or two and the merchant login is still unavailable.

Rather than suspend trading on your site, why not do what I've done and add the Actinic javascript as an alternative payment method. That way customers who can't get to secpay can still complete their order and you can process the payments when the service is back to normal.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X