Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drop down lists with sub sections included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop down lists with sub sections included?

Trying to get the drop down list working with sub sections is proving a pain!

I have got the drop down working with just the top level sections but I want a drop down with all the sub sections in too. I have pasted the code as per the adavanced user guide but it doesn't show up in site preview.

Interestingly if I copy and paste the top level sections only drop down code from the advanced user guide that too doesn't work, the only way I can get that to work is by opening up a primary template from one of the themes I'm not using and copy the code over from their. This leads to believe the javascript code is either wrong in the advanced user guide or its is formatted incorrectly so cannot be copied and pasted correctly from the pdf format.

Has anyone else got this working or could someone from Actinic paste the code here so I can copy it into my templates.
    Thanks in advance
    <a href="http://www.stephenknott.me.uk">Stephen Knott - Freelance New Media Designer</a>

I had trouble with this until I realised that it doesn't always paste correctly when copied from the PDF document.
    Check the syntax if you can.
    I am not at a Actinic machine at the moment to be able to help further, but I am pretty sure that your problem will be with the syntax as a conesequence of an incorrectly copy and paste.

Andrew
    Andrew Fish
    Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
    For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
    "Batteries without the overcharging"

Comment

Unclean code after pasting form pdf file

I have the very same problem. and I can't find the error after checking the code
      Has some brave soul the correct code ?
      User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Also tried copying unsuccessully from both the word and pdf documents.
        Tried copying into notepad and then re-copying into template but that also didn't work. Gave up in the end!

Now using a template [Smart Theme] that already has the yahoo section links and am modifying [some may say "butchering"] the template to get the look I initially set up with a clean theme.

Do any of the other templates include the yahoo-style links - just to save me having to troll thro them all.

ps. could Actinic not post the code into the KB as a notepad attachement?

Regards,
        Sharon
        www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
        www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
        www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

Hi there

Opening up word and opening and pasting works for myself, as well as the trainer we teach over here.

Please have a look at the following thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...1530#post51530

The thread has a best seller act_primary.html, which has a javascript dropdown list box instead of the yahoo section list.

Do any of the other templates include the yahoo-style links
          Yes, the Best Seller theme.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

it works !!!

Nadeem just posted it's primary template with the code in the following thread :
            http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=10942

I also tried copying and pasting from the word advanced guide (instead of the pdf document) and it works.
            User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Working...
            X