Components & associated products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Components & associated products

I have a site with quite alot of products with multiple attributes. The price though just changes depending on one attribute, the others just affect the actual stock code.

So I get the stock code on the order, I am using Components and hidden products like I learned on the course (see I was sort of listening). The only issue being that unless I use Fill List in the Permutations tab, I don't get Associated Product in the Pricing field as an option.

i.e. if Any Choice is still displayed you only get Component pricing or override

While I can use Fill List it's just tedious to fill them all in for 30 or so products each with up to 50 variants - it would be great just to do two

Any ideas or do I just have to bite the bullet ?
    acecoder

Can I answer my own thread ?

Just walked the dogs which is always cathartic on a Friday afternoon & realised that if I want a stock code per permutation I have to do it the "long way"

What this means is I have to enter products/components/attributes & then a single hidden product with an individual stock code per permutation - this is a very long way round - surely just being able to assign a stock code to a permutation would be a simpler, better way to do this ?

Am I missing something or is this a v8 enhancment ?
    acecoder

Comment

Hi Tom,

Yeah I'm afraid you will have to assign associated products to all your permutations if they need to be stock monitored. Choices just don’t the functionality as products.

I will wish list it for you.

Sorry about that.
      Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

I'll second the above request: if Actinic could automate such actions i.e. if you associate a hidden product using permutations and then Actinic automatically creates the attributes/choice then that would be a big time save.

Comment

Working...
        X