multiple sites using V7 developer & Protx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple sites using V7 developer & Protx

I am trying to add a second site to my developer v7 licence , I have chosen Protx VSP for the PSP as they have been great with my other site.

What I want to do is be able to run both sites from the 1 pc. However when I integrate protx as per there e mail, I modify the occ protx Template with the encryption password ,then the Occ upgrade Script with the sequential number

When I try to create a snapshot it seems to upgrade the PSP files on both sites back to the standard ones,

Is this because I am using 2 different protx accounts and there is only 1 occ upgrade file and two encryption passwords?

Is there anyway round this as I plan to launch another 2 sites in the coming months and was planning on using Protx as My psp for all of them,

has anyone come across this before?

Cheers

Macca

Hi Macca,

Where are you modifying the Protex script?

The original script can be located:

C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\OCCUpgrade\CommonOCC

But as you have two site and two Protex accounts you need to mod the script within the relevant site folder, e.g:

C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\CommonOCC.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

multiple sites using V7 developer & Protx - 7.02

Seems this is a little bit of history repeating:

I have multiple sites on my development PC and when trying to 'go live' followed the Protx instructions.

I modded the script in the relevant site folder:
      C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site-n\CommonOCC to include my encryption password... updated the C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\CommonOCC .ini file by one and restarted Actinic.

Multiple Protx errors later, I discovered that the site template had reverted to 'testvendor' when Actinic updated itself.

So the instructions are out of kilter here.

Protx and Actinic support both recommeded I try placing the encryption password into the 'master' template located in:
      C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\OCCUpgrade\CommonOCC

This seems to work.
      www.scartplug.com
      www.vivanco-direct.com

Comment

I have been having problems here also
        We have 2 x different sites within Developer each with its own unique encryption password and email address, therefore both encryption passwords cannot be placed in the actinic 'root file'

I have inserted the passwords in the relevant files within the site drectories, but after I have upload, the passwords disappear

I can only update the integer in the .ini file in the master file as there isn't an .ini file in the site folders

What is more, the checkout page hangs on both sites, and the customer is unable to get past this. This is proving a little difficult to resolve

Can anyone let me know if there is an answer to this rather confusing puzzle, please?

Comment

Can't recall how I go this working now... but I did...
          but try moving the CommonOCC file located in the \sites folder to a temporary folder and then incrementing the .ini files by one.
          I think Actinic looks in the \site folder first before the subfolders and hence takes the values here as 'default' and writes them into all your sites.

Then again, a call to support might be in order!
          J
          www.blueshell.co.uk
          www.scartplug.com
          www.vivanco-direct.com

Comment

We have two sites working with protx - my email notification does not work though.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Is there a definitive answer to this issue yet? Have any recent upgrades addressed this issue

Cheers

Richard
              http://www.smarterproducts.co.uk

Comment

Hi Richard,

I have forwarded this issue to the Development team and awaiting their reply.
                Cheers,
                Suresh Babu G

Comment

Hi Richard,

Actinic development team recommends to make changes only in 'OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl', without updating the occupgrade.ini files.

In other words, make changes only within the site folder eg.,
                  'C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\CommonOCC\OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl'

and

'C:\Program Files\Actinic
                  v7\Sites\Site2\CommonOCC\OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl'

Hope this helps.
                  Cheers,
                  Suresh Babu G

Comment

Working...
                  X