Error occurred while sending the merge request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error occurred while sending the merge request

I am getting this error at the end of doing a web site refresh.

"An error occurred while sending the merge request"

This is a new upgrade from V4. When I upgraded on the customer's computer it worked fine. She has now purchased an SSL cert and has had me implement it in to Actinic, by going to Business Settings|Payment and Security|Checked On: under SSL

I have done the following to try and fix this error:

1)rebooted my computer (several times)
    2) deleted all files on the server under /acatalog (several times)
    3)Copied and pasted .pl and .pm files from the /Original folder to the site folder I am working on. Note: I noticed there were other .pl and .pm file in the site folder that are not in the /Original folder)
    4)Closed Actinic, reopened Actinic and tried refreshing again.
    5)Went to Help|Troubleshooting and did a Web Site Purge and Refresh. (Checked both boxes to delete Perl, .cat and .fil files
    6)Went to Web|Configure Web Site Details
    7)Went to Advanced|Network Setup and clicked Test, which was successful.
    8)Unchecked the SSL. So that certainly is not the issue.

The size of the snapshot is 12MB.

Any suggestions?
    Justin Burleson
    Morrison-Maierle Systems Corp.

Originally posted by webparker
    I am getting this error at the end of doing a web site refresh.

"An error occurred while sending the merge request"

This is a new upgrade from V4. When I upgraded on the customer's computer it worked fine. She has now purchased an SSL cert and has had me implement it in to Actinic, by going to Business Settings|Payment and Security|Checked On: under SSL

I have done the following to try and fix this error:

1)rebooted my computer (several times)
    2) deleted all files on the server under /acatalog (several times)
    3)Copied and pasted .pl and .pm files from the /Original folder to the site folder I am working on. Note: I noticed there were other .pl and .pm file in the site folder that are not in the /Original folder)
    4)Closed Actinic, reopened Actinic and tried refreshing again.
    5)Went to Help|Troubleshooting and did a Web Site Purge and Refresh. (Checked both boxes to delete Perl, .cat and .fil files
    6)Went to Web|Configure Web Site Details
    7)Went to Advanced|Network Setup and clicked Test, which was successful.
    8)Unchecked the SSL. So that certainly is not the issue.

The size of the snapshot is 12MB.

Any suggestions?
    Take it you have checked the path to perl, do you have a different connection to your customers..ie firewall involed etc. Can't think of anything else sorry.
    <br />
    Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ <a href="http://www.futureprimeval.com" title="Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ Future Primeval ]" target="_new">Future Primeval</a> ]
    <br />

Comment

I looked at another customers network settings that recently also had an SSL cert installed and the perl path is the same. The SMTP was different so I changed that accordingly, and unchecked enhanced FTP.

I am now doing another web site refresh, which by the way realllllly is taking a long time and we have a DSL connection with the speed currently at 100 mbps.

Anyways, I don't think this is going to work, but who knows. I will keep you posted.
      Justin Burleson

Comment

Merge request possible solution

WOW! I can't believe it. What I did worked. I was up late last night and all day today trying to fix this issue without much help from U.S. support.

If someone else runs into this issue, I fixed it by going to Advanced|Network Setup and the SMTP server was set as localhost, which worked in the past. I changed it to mail.montanaceltictreasures.com. I also unchecked Use Enhanced FTP. Not sure which one of the two made it work, but I would suspect it was that SMTP was incorrect.

Thank you Darren for the reply.
        Justin Burleson

Comment

it won't of been the smtp server, its got nothing to do with the actual uploading, just mail.

Glad its working for you.
          <br />
          Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ <a href="http://www.futureprimeval.com" title="Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ Future Primeval ]" target="_new">Future Primeval</a> ]
          <br />

Comment

Justin,

We have been working with Rhonda on this issue. However Rhonda did not provide us with a suitable download link to retrieve the requested snapshot. If she had given us the requested file we would have looked at this issue for her again as per our email request.

Enjoy

Brian
            Brian Johnson
            :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
            1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Make sure you haven't protected the folder - like you might if you were testing a new website before you made it "live".

Been there... got the t-shirt, and kept wondering "Why did it work yesterday?"

Comment

Working...
              X