Different "Add To Cart" buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different "Add To Cart" buttons

Does anyone know how to use different "add to cart" buttons. I have a button which i want to use for the majority of products but for 1 section (which is the one section i am using a different product line template as the products will be laid out in columns) i would like to use a different add to cart button

any ideas anyone ?

Comment

Hi Nick,

The only way I can think of to do this would be to hard code each button. Do you have a lot of products?

I'll add this one to the wish list.
      Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

no i do not have a lot of products just yet

what do you mean by hard code the buttons

Comment

Here's how I'd do this (I'm assuming you're using images for your Cart Buttons as you've not said what):-

Go into Advanced / Custom Properties and create a property called BUTTONIMAGE.

Go into Design / Options / Site Defaults and set the Property BUTTONIMAGE to contain "addtocart.gif" (or whatever image you usually use - see Design / Options / Shop Defaults / Add to Cart Button / Image). If using Business uncheck Searchable and check Use as CUSTOMVAR.

Now in the Sections or Product you want an alternative button go to Properties and set BUTTONIMAGE to the name of your alternate image. You may need to add this image in Advanced / Additional Files to make sure it gets uploaded. If using Business uncheck Searchable and check Use as CUSTOMVAR.

Edit Act_CartButtonImage.html and replace the line
          Code:
          <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" SRC="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONIMG" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONNAME"
          WIDTH="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEWIDTH" HEIGHT="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEHEIGHT" BORDER="0" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONLABEL">
          with
          Code:
          <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" SRC="CUSTOMVAR:BUTTONIMAGE" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONNAME"
          WIDTH="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEWIDTH" HEIGHT="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEHEIGHT" BORDER="0" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONLABEL"><!-- NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONIMG -->
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X