booking caravans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

booking caravans

I have a client who wants a a site showing a number of different caravans. i want to allow visitors to book the a caravan by dates i.e select the dates they would like to rent the caravan for.

There will be different prices for different caravans, times of year.weekly rates only

Ideally my client would like to allow visitors to select the from and to dates click buy and then pay.

I would be grateful if anyone can offer advice or ideas on how to set this up.

I Know I can put the caravans as a product for each week the problem lies in when they book for 2 weeks

many thanks Adrian
    --
    IT Medix Ltd
    www.itmedix.co.uk

You can use attributes to enter the weeks and rate per week

For each caravan you have the following

Week 1 £300 per week
    Week 2 £300 per week
    Week 3 £325 per week
    etc

If you then have a week calander on the site so they can find the dates the weeks corespond to.

Your customers would then see your product (Caravan) and a drop down list of week 2 £300 per week which they then choose and get charged for, if they want a second week they then select week 3 etc

By not putting the date into each attribute you can copy and past the weeks to other caravans to save time

Unfortunatly you still have to change your rates for each caravan at the end of each year

Dont forget to change pricing model to sum of products and components
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

caravan bookings

Hi chris thankyou for replying

I understand that
      but the problem is getting actinic to

book a caravan for two weeks ie: if you have 3 caravans you put in stock of 3 for each week
      if you book two weeks actinic will let you, but it could book you in caravan 1 for the first week and caravan 3 for the second week

I hope you can under stand this as it some times bafals me.

many thanks again
      Adrian
      Last edited by itmedix; 13-Nov-2004, 06:00 PM. Reason: spelling
      --
      IT Medix Ltd
      www.itmedix.co.uk

Comment

I was thinking along the lines, that you would have each caravan as a seperate product to enable you to give specific details and pictures of that caravan.

This would mean you would enter the same caravan for weeks say 34 & 35

No idea how you would do stock control except to give each week a stock value of one, but i have not used stock control on my sites so you would find better advice from other users
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

cheers Chris

im not going to use actinic, in going to buy a realtime booking software tried to save money.

hopefully one day actinic will go realtime V8 wouuld be nice make life easy!

ps: thank for your help

Adrian
          --
          IT Medix Ltd
          www.itmedix.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
            I was thinking along the lines, that you would have each caravan as a seperate product to enable you to give specific details and pictures of that caravan.
            Not that it matter now, but this is what I have to do for my pram/pushchair hire.
            Even though I might have more than one of something, they each need to be accounted for and monitored individually so I have to stock them all one by one.
            I agree though that the lack of realtime stock makes this very difficult (although Jan's stock control mole helps, of course, but only while the Pc is on!)

I can see why the OP chose to go with different software.
            Tracey (who, for what it's worth, finds that the system she uses works OK!)
            Tracey

Comment

Working...
            X