Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Files Not Needed By Actinic

Hi All,

I would like to know if someone out there has a list of all the files that are needed by Actinic Business. I would like to cleanup my directory from the trial period. I know there are bunch of graphics and such that are not needed such as all the Powered by Actinic graphics, what else can I get rid of that is not needed for the everyday use of Actinic?

Thanks
    Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

I would also like to know about this, as the one and only attempt I made to clean up unwanted image files ended in disappointment - the files re-generated automatically.

Comment

I'd also like to know too please. My attempt at a clean up resulted in said deleted files having to be restored from the recycle bin.

Wish List item - could there be an option when creating a new site to choose whether the example bumph and settings are included or not, a check box or something?? Apart from trying to clean up the file structure it's irritating having to delete and purge the example bumph and all the associated settings and options.

Regards, Sharon
      www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
      www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
      www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

I don't seem to be having a problem deleting files in Site1...yet!

I've only tried it with one or two of the example graphics so far, but they seem to stay gone.

Can you give an example of a file name you're trying to get rid of?

Best wishes,

Myles
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

previewimage_left.gif(or is it jpg)? for instance... the graphics will most likely return if you do a site refresh.

Edit: Bitmap

Comment

Originally posted by magicalwonders
            I don't seem to be having a problem deleting files in Site1...yet!

I've only tried it with one or two of the example graphics so far, but they seem to stay gone.

Can you give an example of a file name you're trying to get rid of?

Best wishes,

Myles
            Myles,

I don't have a problem with deleting files, I just wanted to know if there was a list of files that I can delete without effecting the operation of Actinic. I can delete them successfully and they stay gone. It is just that I don't know which ones I can delete and which ones I really need to keep.

Thanks
            Eagle
            Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

This seems to be an image used in one of the system templates to demonstrate layout.

Maybe the software automatically regenerates the graphic if the template is in use, or maybe used. I'm only guessing here. You could try renaming a template and then deleting the original plus the associated graphic. If it all goes pear shaped you can rename the new template to what it was originally.

The graphics used in the initial example site can be deleted no problem, so it does kind of suggest that the software requires the images that can't be deleted. Or at least the program thinks it does.

Best wishes,

Myles
              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Sorry Eagle,

Our posts have just crossed in space. Yes , I understood your posting, I was really responding to Dybbuk, who seems to be having problems deleting stuff.

Best wishes,

Myles
                www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi,

It's not really a major concern for me, just something I had a look at some months ago in order to tidy things up - acd's are only 2MB with a full store and loads of additional files and pages.

The image I mentioned was just an example, and I've had problems deleting ANY of the default images permanently. In my experience, anything deleted will be regenerated with a site refresh. As I am using my own theme (Business is its base), there should be no reason why most of those images don't stay deleted if they aren't in use.

Just would be nice to clean up the site folders.

Comment

Just would be nice to clean up the site folders.
                    Yes, I'll vote for that too!

Best wishes,

Myles
                    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Wishlist, please: functionality to delete unwanted Actinic files/images/themes within the Site folder or program itself.

Comment

I will add this to the wish list for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X