Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimizing NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE for search engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimizing NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE for search engine.

Hi All!

I'm getting round to sending my first Actinic site live, and It's time for SEO!
    Most things I'm looking at are 1st class without needing to amend my pages (thumbs up to the designers), I'm now moving towards some finer points and I'm wondering if i'm able to change NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE?

Within 'actprimary', the title gives company name followed by page title, could this be reversed to read page title first? And within actinic could I have a page title with a different section name?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Nick
    Nick
    www.fencol.com

Go into your Sections and click onto the Layout tab, within that you will find a Page Title input, change this to that you wish shown on the browser title bar and hey presto away you go - hope that is what you were after.

Comment

Many thanks

Thanks Technoweb!

I must have been working late that evening to have not spotted that the titles were not filled in on my sections!

I feel like a right goon

Cheers,

Nick.
      Nick
      www.fencol.com

Comment

I actually have this problem too. Each of my products has its own section and I would like Actinic to display the product then my business name in the title bar (as opposed to the other way round).

Can you swith this automatically or is it set in stone? I dont want to have to type a seperate description for each section!!!!

Dave
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I haven't looked at this, but on version 4 there wasn't this facility. Now that there is in version 7 and it is available on a page by page basis, could you not just do an update query in Access to set the Page Title based on that page's section or whatever attribute you wish to query from the database for that product page?

Andrew
          PS Prior to doing this you would of course take a back up.
          Andrew Fish
          Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
          For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
          "Batteries without the overcharging"

Comment

I'm not sure why......but prior to entering my 'page title' within a section, actprimary (ie catalog) displayed my company name followed by the section name generated from the 'general' tab, not ideal for SEO.....

...Once I entered the 'page title' for my section, just the page title appeared, then it was simply a case of opening actprimary and adding my company name and/or marketing message after NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE to maximise keyword optimisation.

Hope this helps,

Nick.
            Nick
            www.fencol.com

Comment

Nick,

Cheers for your reply. That is what I am looking for however my understanding is that PAGETITLE displays the company name and PAGEHEADER displays the product. Now I can easily include PAGEHEADER in the title tags but it means removing it from my content tag (see below), otherwise you end up with the product name twice in the title bar. Is this safe to do bearing in mind search engines etc?

Heres my code:-

<!-- Primary HTML begin -->
              <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
              <HTML>
              <HEAD>
              <TITLE>
              NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE
              </TITLE>
              <Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/>
              <META NAME="ACTINICTITLE" CONTENT="NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER">
              <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
              Regards

Dave
              Cheers

David
              Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Working...
              X