Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout - Bounce Page.

Hiya

In checkout, Is it possible to remove the delay on the Bounce page which announces that the visitor is being redirected to the secure server?

I have set the Bounce page delay to 0 in Design | Options | Shop Defaults and that works as required in the earlier stages of the checkout but I'm not sure it has an affect on the Bounce page to the secure server.

In another post, cdicken wrote ... "The auto-bounce is down to the onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" tag in the <body> tag. Try removing this from the overall layout template which you are using in the checkout. It should do the trick."

Will removing this "onLoad tag" remove the delay and Bounce the page to the secure server immediately (this is what I want) or will the page load and only redirect when the user click's the 'Next' button ?

Any ideas

Thanks - hp.
    mobilize-me ltd
    www.mobilize-me.com

I think you will find that if you remove the onload instruction, that it will no longer bounce on and would require manual clicking of the button to move the person on.

Comment

Thanks for that.

So in my case I will have to leave the "onLoad tag" in so that the bonce page works, BUT ... I am unable to speed this Bounce page to the secure server up as the "delay speed" relys on how fast or how slow the Secure Server checkout page loads.

Is that correct?

Thanks again,

hp.
      mobilize-me ltd
      www.mobilize-me.com

Comment

Setting the onload delay to a figure of 1 is the quickest or lowest you can go down to, which will be operational and as fast as a large combination of factors, for which the visitors connection and your server that the bounce page is actioned on all affecting this, but a figure of 1 should be fine and quick.

Comment

Hi Techno

Just to confirm, this delay is set in Design | Options | Shop Defaults ?

Thanks

hp.
          mobilize-me ltd
          www.mobilize-me.com

Comment

Yup, in the Shopping mode panel of that tab to the right hand side under Quantity in Shopping Cart radio option...

Comment

Thanks for the help.

hp
              mobilize-me ltd
              www.mobilize-me.com

Comment

Working...
              X