Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Pop Up Windows suddenly?

Hi All,

It's been a while since I needed to added products to my site but tonight, I'm putting new stuff together, added a product and the Pop Up window gives an 'Object Not Found on This Server' error popup window?

I've tried putting a test product from scratch on the site too and the same thing happens. can anyone help me please?

To have a look, simply login to my site at http://www.subartclub.com/acatalog/login.html and use the following info:
    user: forumuser pw: actinic and then click the 'Join' button in the top nav bar. you will see a Membership Renewal product which is what I'm trying to get to work and if you go to the shop front index you'll also see a test product at the bottom of the page and this popup doesn't work either?

I've got a feeling this happened once before but it was so long ago I can't remember what the problem was, perhaps it's permissions on the site? I don't think anything has changed on my site at all, but then I can't be sure!

If anyone could help I'd be very grateful

Cheers

Brian
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

No solution but I see a few strange things.

1) Using IE the page http://www.subartclub.com/acatalog/ displays the text "NETQUOTEVAR:SUBMITFUNCTION " at the top of the page. You seem to have that isolated Netquotevar in the page source <head> section.

As to your problem with the popups it seems to be browser specific.

2) Using your example, logging in and viewing with Firefox (which works OK) this is how Firefox displays the code for these popups.

<A HREF="javascript:ShowPopUp('http://www.subartclub.com/cgi-bin/bb000000.pl?ACTINIC_REFERRER=http&#58;&#47;&#47;www&#46;subartclub&#46;com&#47;cgi&#45;bin&#47;bb000000&#46;pl&PRODUCTPAGE=info%5fMem02%2ehtml',390,435);">

and here's the same page source from Internet Explorer - XP-SP2 (which fails).

<A HREF="javascript:ShowPopUp('info%5fRenewal1%2ehtml',465,465);">

So it seems like it's either an IE or XP-SP2 security problem or some error in the page that Firefox is happy with but that messes up IE.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

This doesn't make sense at all because the site has been working fine for a long time. I aggree with the display of the code you said, if you click any other image popu window you get similar CGI code but if you click this new popup page it reads as you stated in IE?

Thsi can't be happening!

Beej

Comment

Are you looking with a PC that's recently been upgraded to XP Service Pack 2?

Norman

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          Are you looking with a PC that's recently been upgraded to XP Service Pack 2?

Norman
          I think so Norman, why? All the other popups work, just the new ones I made for subartclub, everything 'used' to work fine last time I edited the site and I have other stores working OK??

Brian

Comment

Going Mad!

OK, here's a weird thing then. . . I moved the product to a different part of the site and gave it 'retail' permissions so it could be seen by anyone browsing and hey presto. . the pop up window works fine when not logged in. I then re-set the permissions to an account viewable by members only, turn off the 'retail' so no casual browsers could see the product, log in with the correct schedule set to my account, click the popup window and get the 'Object not Found! 404 error inside the pop up window???

Help. . anyone!?

Please remember, I've been running SubArtClub now for a few years so this has GOT to be something other than user error!

Thanks for any advice.. I've got products to get offered and can't use the store at the mo! Arghhhh!

Brian

Comment

Your problem is that pages output via the Perl scripts (logged in customers and probably via the search facility) are failing and plain HTML pages work OK.

Also the problem seems to only happen when vieing with Internet Explorer and not FireFox.

As to the solution. I'm a bit stumped so I'd suggest you ask Actinic.

Norman

Comment

What about a complete site refresh? Will Actinic want to upload ALL my digital downloads (hi res images) again if I do this? Perhaps a script is somehow flawed on the server?

Could any permissions have been changed by the people who run my domains? It sounds like it could be a permission thing because even the script in the window as you pointed out in your first post is different for the pop ups. When logged in it's showing a link as if the user is not logged in when all the other pop ups created show a link like: javascript:ShowPopUp('http://www.subartclub.com/cgi-bin/bb000000.pl? etc etc. which is obviously generated via script.

I can't have the site working one week and then go tits up the next?? It doesn't make any sense, I haven't edited anything as far as templates etc. I don't think Actinic will be able to answer that if everything was OK b4. it's just baffling?

Brian

Comment

OK Brian

This pop-up code:
                  Code:
                  javascript:ShowPopUp('http://www.subartclub.com/cgi-bin/bb000000.pl?ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.subartclub.com/cgi-bin/bb000000.pl&PRODUCTPAGE=info%5fMem02%2ehtml',390,435);
                  works both for my W2K and my colleague's XP SP2. I have not been able to reproduce the error. Are you still getting the error?

A refresh will send up all your digital download files again, so it will take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                    OK Brian

This pop-up code:
                    Code:
                    javascript:ShowPopUp('http://www.subartclub.com/cgi-bin/bb000000.pl?ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.subartclub.com/cgi-bin/bb000000.pl&PRODUCTPAGE=info%5fMem02%2ehtml',390,435);
                    works both for my W2K and my colleague's XP SP2. I have not been able to reproduce the error. Are you still getting the error?

A refresh will send up all your digital download files again, so it will take a while.
                    Hi Chris, thanks for the response

Sorry, I made the files invisible last night as they were still not working but they are there again now. Just log in with the info:

user: forumuser password: actinic and then click the 'Join' button in the top nav bar. you will see a Membership Renewal product which is what I'm trying to get to work, also you'll see a test product at the bottom of the page and this popup doesn't work either?

Thanks for looking in

Brian

Comment

Brian - you are using version 6.1.1 of Actinic, and what you are experiencing is a bug which was fixed in 6.1.3. When a product is hidden from the 'Retail' price schedule it has issues displaying the pop-up window.

I suggest an upgrade to 6.1.5. There have been no substantial changes to the store templates between those versions so the Site Upgrader should not want to upgrade your store templates. If at all possible I recommend installing 6.1.5 on a new machine and then using a snapshot to transfer the site in order to allow you to test an upgrade before doing it for real. Then apply the 6.1.5 upgrade to your live site.

You will need to do a refresh after the upgrade - just to warn you.

Comment

I can't believe that! I thought I was using a newer version then that - what an eedyot! Sorry for wasting your time, I'll sort it and get back to you. I remember Jan telling me about this and I also remmber you mentioning it as I'm sure I was one of the guys responsible (alomg with some tests with John at the time) for identifying it, which is why I thought I was using the upgraded version?

I have a feeling that when I re-installed it then a year or so ago I may have put the wrong version back? I guess that's feasable.

I don't have another machine so it's going to be tricky doing it the way you suggested?

Thanks again for your help on this.

Brian

Comment

I don't have another machine so it's going to be tricky doing it the way you suggested?
                          It just means you won't be able to test what will happen with the upgrade before actually applying it to your live data.

However, as long as you take a snapshot, and also take a backup of your entire Site1 folder you will have covered yourself in case the upgrade does anything odd. But as I say, upgrades between minor releases are normally much easier than upgrades between major versions.

Comment

And copy everything in Houskeeping / Security to a textfile and back that up too. Just in case you have to restore and the Snapshot fails. You need this info in addition to the Site1 copy.

Norman

Comment

Norman, what seems like an age ago I used your code to show little image previews in the checkout, will this have tobe re-done to?

Cheers

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X