Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floaty script problem

Hi

I have recently included a floating nav item script in my Act_Primary template, but it seems to be stopping any of my "More Info" buttons from working. The "Add to Cart" buttons function, and the link that the "More Info" button generates seems to be correct.
    I have attached my Act_Primary template, can anyone see what is causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help

Steve Robertson
    Attached Files

Hi there

The "More Info" link appears on the product line template not the primary template, so I would need to see your act_productline template to get an idea of what is going on.

Could you post up the url of your website so I can have a look please?

Comment

Hello James

Thanks for your reply. I am attatching my Act_ProductLine.
      The website is www.gearshift.co.uk , but I've had to remove the floating script for the moment, as sales were dropping off drastically due to the problem. My boss really wants this floater back ASAP though, so any help you can offer will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Steve Robertson (utter javascript newbie)
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello there

Would you be able to upload your site (with the floating nav item script included) to the test space I have set up for you?

Then I can have a look at the way you have it set up.

Please see attached for the network settings, then go to Advanced | Network setup | Import to import the attached file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello James

Site (with floating menu script) on it's way to specified url. I reckon it should all have uploaded by12-12.30 today...

Thanks for this.....

Steve

Comment

.... actually, better make it about 2pm.
            **"!^$£** steam powered internet connection!

Steve

Comment

Hello again James

Just realised...I've got passpage set up for search engine results (the site has custom frames)

You'll need to view specific URLs is ../Offers___Clearance_Frames___Bikes.html or you'll just get the "live" site (?)

Took me ages to figure out why the site at the new url did not seem to have the floater!

Sorry to be making your life complicated.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve

It appears that there is something within your floating script that is conflicting with the extended information link, when you take away the floating script then the exetended info link works as it should.

My advice would be to get a java script programmer to have a look at the floating script you have produced and if they can see why it is conflicting, as this is a bit beyond my knowledge of jave scripting.

Comment

Once you have a JavaScript error on a page this often causes subsequent code not to run. Internet Explorer is near to useless at reporting javaScript errors.

Best thing to do is to test your pages with the Firefox browser (www.mozilla.org) and turn on Tools / JavaScript Console. This will tell you if any JavaScript errors are ocurring and perhaps killing off the subsequent code that works the popups.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                  X