Previewhtml

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previewhtml

Having big problems with this at the moment.

http://community.actinic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11 describes a similar problem and Chris has said to copy images to the Preview folder.

My problem is that when I import a Custom Theme the images used for section and product layouts are not copied to the Preview folder so the theme looks broken. It would not be so bad if it was consitent but sometimes (not very often) the images appear.

It's not good enough to say copy the files into the preview folder as (as we all know) the Site 1 folder can contain rather a lot of files that are too much for "Joe Public" to go through.

Changes to css files are often ignored also again on an inconsistent basis.

And just to finish my rant "How long does it take for the new Call Centre to provide a fix for a problem" I have yet to recieve a reply for any of the issues I have logged in the past few weeks.
    Owner of a broken heart

Hi Gary

I spoke to you the other day about this problem, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I tried this out on a default site and the images seemed to be taken with the custom theme fine...

Would you mind sending me your custom theme acd file so I can try it out here please? And also the images (if they are not included in the acd file) I know you said you had tried having the images as aditional files, but I just wanted to try that out here aswell.

You can email the file to the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

Comment

Okay will send. I was not reffering to the UK support team just got a bit frustrated as a few of my suppliers have changed to India for support and it is generally useless.

Will send files.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi Gary

I just got your custom theme, I imported it and that was all fine... I had a look at the images aswell, they do not appear in the acd file or anywhere on the site - so I copied them to site1 and previewHTML folder - but still no joy.

Where abouts are images supposed to appear? Did you say you were trying to include these images as a custom variable?

Comment

Yes they are in DESIGN > OPTIONS > SITE DEFAULTS and are called from the file gww.html (Primary Template)
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi Gary

Ive just tried this out on a defualt site, and it looks like the images that are used as a customvar within the custom theme are not included in the preview html folder...

Its included in the site1 folder, but not preview - so there fore the images will not appear when you preview the website... if you want the images to appear, you would need to copy the images into the preview html folder aswell as the site1 folder.

Hoep that helps

Comment

James

No help really we already knew this. What we need to know is why the images are not copied and if a way exists to make the images appear in the preview html folder. Maybe in the .ini files somewhere.
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
              X