Text not full width on Brochure pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text not full width on Brochure pages

I am creating a set of brochure pages, not yet uploaded, to replace my Dreamweaver 'front end' to Catalog.

Have copied the HTML code from Dreamweaver, but it is only using about 60% of the Brochure page width, with a wide margin to the right on the pages.

Do I need to alter a Catalog setting or is it a case of editing a template? Simple language please in your reply, not too technical.

Some of the code is in tables whilst some is straight forward text, copied from Dreamweaver to preserve the HTML formatting. Both resulting in the same wide right margin.
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

[QUOTE=Mick Jackson]Do I need to alter a Catalog setting or is it a case of editing a template? Simple language please in your reply, not too technical.QUOTE]

I'll do my best to keep it simple Mick.
    This issue could be due to a few factors within the html constructed within act_BrochurePrimary.html.
    What is your "Design | Options | Site defaults" ACTSTDWIDTH value set at? Try changing the value and see if that is where the issue lies.
    Have you amended any templates <Table> or <td> wicth properties at all within actinic?

You will usually find this issue is due to a <table width="x"> or a <td width="x"> within the primary template or perhaps the fragment template.
    Do you have a URL to look so I can give a more concise answer?
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

ACTSTDWIDTH is set to 600 and I have not altered any of the table widths for any template. I try to leave well alone as I am useless at HTML and only delve into it as a last resort.

Will play about with the width settings, as you suggest and see if that changes anything.

The Brochure pages are not yet live, although the rest of the site is. Just importing all the pages currently used for index.html and other information pages, from Dreamweaver, in order to integrate them into Catalog for a consistent look to the site and for easier navigation.
      Mick Jackson
      Jackson's Fishing Tackle
      www.jackfish.net

Comment

Thanks fergussw.

Altered ACTSTDWIDTH to 780 and it has sorted the problem without affecting the Catalog shop pages.

Simple when you know how and saved me from messing up the whole setup by avoiding trial and error, as my HTML editing usually consists of.
        Mick Jackson
        Jackson's Fishing Tackle
        www.jackfish.net

Comment

Working...
        X