Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Question

Hi Folks,

I'm using clean layout No.14 which consists of a middle panel, a top border and two side panels. I'm editing the templates to try and match the look and feel of my existing website.

I'm trying to decrease the width of the middle panel, but it's not clear what is controlling this. My Act-Primary contains nested tables and I've turned various borders on and off but nothing seems to put a border around the outer middle box.

This Url will show you what I mean.

http://support.actinic.co.uk/~kcsupp...alog/shop.html

Does anyone have any ideas how I can affect the width of this outside middle panel?

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

Myles,
    You have two table tags which affect the "main" panel. One has a width value set at 550 and the other one (inside this first one) has a calue set at 520!
    Also, when pulling your html from your example page out of source and into blank html editor I see there are corrupt table tags which have been incorrectly nested. This will also cause you some headaches.
    I would look at the <table width="x"> propoerties and the <td width="x"> properties on your primary and productline.html templates to solve this issue.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hi Fergus,

Thanks for your help on this. The code does look a bit weird in my Act_Primary. I had another issue where the positions of the logo, caption and photo at the top of the page doesn't quite match my main website.

Another user suggested taking the template from my main site and adding in the Actinic bits. I didn't do this at the time, but now I will give it a go. Hopefully this will sort out several problems and correct the code at the same time!

Best wishes,

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
      X