Images not being updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images not being updated

I don't know if I'm just being stupid, but...
    I have images included in the Extended Information pop-up page for each set of Product Details. I have changed each image but left it in the same file and directory. When I upload and look at the live site (www.belvaso.com), the old images are still there.
    I have deleted temporary internet files, reselected the images in the Extended Information tab and even deleted everything on the FTP site and refreshed it, but still the old images are there!
    Has anyone seen something similar?
    Thanks.

Are you saying you deleted the old image files from the server but after a refresh the old ones come back again?

If so, then actinic must be getting the images from somewhere other than the directory you're using for the changed ones. I'd suggest you check that.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Are you uploading or doing a 'refresh website'
      Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
      When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

I've Updated and Refreshed with no luck. After several tries at deleting the whole site and Refreshing, the changed images now appear.
        However, any subsequent changes don't take affect!
        The really odd thing is that if I access the site, and click on the More button and right click on the resulting image, the Properties show a file name which doesn't actually exist on the FTP server!

Comment

Sounds to me like you are looking at a cached version of the site. Update it by doing a Ctrl-Refresh

sometimes Ctrl-Refresh in IE, (or Shift-Reload in Netscape) twice, with the second one
          following the first after a gap of at least 1 and not more than 10 seconds.

you can try closing down IE and restarting or clearing the cashe

David
          David

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion - no luck!
            The funny thing is that if I update any Product Details (apart from the image in Extended Info) the changes appear. It's just the image that doesn't change.

Comment

Hi there

Sounds to me like you are looking at a cached version of the site
              Its also possible that you may have a corrupted session file which is linked to the cookie of IE.

Go to "Help | Troubleshooting" and click on the button that says "Purge Session Files". If you click on this, this will delete all .session files on your site, so its best to do this late at night. As anyone who is ordering from your site will have there cart emptied.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X