Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test.blob

Morning,

I was having a look in the cgi-bin, and found a file called test.blob, which has the same timestamp as the last order placed. On opening it in a hexeditor, I found it contains the customers details spaced out amongst other indecipherable stuff.
    I took a copy of this file, and downloaded the order without any problems, hopng the file would be deleted in the process, which it wasn't.
    I'm wondering whether the site has been compromised or if there is a problem within the Actinic program itself. I have been having other problems (mentioned in previous threads)

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard

The test.blob is simply a file that gets generated by the actinic cgi scripts. You will see if has plain text like the customer details, but the "indecipherable stuff" are simply encrypted text, these could be customer accounts if you are using it.

I'm wondering whether the site has been compromised
    I don't think so, because the cgi scripts only create the test.blob and this is normal. You could delete the test.blob file manually without it causing any issue with the catalog store.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem,

Good to know it should be there.

Regards

Richard

Comment

Working...
      X