Exporting to Flat File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting to Flat File?

I am experimenting with Actinic to create an online shop for photographic greeting cards and prints - i.e., I have about 8 variations on each product. I have implemented these as components for a small number of images to find what I need.

I am trying to create an import file that will let me create an identical structure for each of (initially) approximately 200 further images.

What I really need to do is export my subsection structure to a flat-file to give me the exact layout that I can duplicate from my Access product database, but I am not sure of a way of doing this.

The alternative seems to be a "<guess, import, see what it looks like and adjust>" iterative process - which would be time-consuming.

Is there a quick way to do this?

If you need to look - the prototype shop I have created is at www.jcd.org.uk/wd.html . Follow the "visit our shop" link.

Thanks for your help.

Julian

To get all of the information as a guide from what you have created, you will need to use the Hierarchical Export/Import as Flat File will not contain component information I am afraid, so not an easy task I guess for what you wish to do

Comment

Working...
    X