Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd uploading problem

Hi,

I recently changed my index page, and now when I attempt to upload the site, Actinic tries to upload the WHOLE site, not just the odd page. This wouldn't be a problem, but halfway through the upload hangs and I have to kill Actinic. Anyone had a similar problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

HMC

If you change your index page, I think that this also makes changes to all the other pages anyway.
    With regards to it hanging half way through do you do anything else on the computer at the same time. I have found that if you are uploading/backing up the site and try doing ANYTHING then actinic says that it is not responding and brings up a screen shown below or sometimes it will do this for part of the screen. If this is the same problem you have try uploading the site during lunch (if you get time for lunch) and just leave it. Do not have any other programs open or even a screen saver.
    Attached Files
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

hmmm....I've tried closing all programs and leaving it, but it still hangs.

Comment

Hi there

What version of 6 are you running. If it 6.1.5 EGSA, then go to "Advance | Network Setup". Try placing a tick in "Enchanced FTP", then click on "OK".

Now just try updating a site. If you get the same issue, then refresh the whole site first, add a test product, and then try updating the site.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

No, it's 6.1.2.0.0.0.DDVA

Still having the problem - it basically hangs while updating - no error message, just a hang. I'm stuck because I can't change products or upload any new ones.

Comment

I know this is a bit of a 'get out' but can you take a back up and try reinstalling it.... I've had to do that a few times. Just make sure the back up works. I also copy the whole of the \site directory to my desktop.
            Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
            When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Working...
            X