Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site testing problem

Hi

Sorry to bother you all again. I'm testing my progress at learning how to use Catalog. I've managed to upload a site to a server which is on our LAN. Everything works fantastically, couldn't ask for better, all the LAN users can use the site without any problems.

Only problem is when I test this from the internet. I can access the index.html page, and explore all the pages without any problems. However if I try a search, I get the search page but it then tries to look using the LAN address and not the internet address, so then generates an error. Same with the Cart. I guess its a setting somewhere I've got wrong while generating the site in actinic which sorts out the addresses, but I can't find where it is.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Although its nothing like a finished article, only just experimenting with settings, importing price structures etc. I have left it on our server and pointed a domain name to it, if anyone wishes to see if they can spot the problem. www.granville-services.co.uk

Thanks

Ian
    Last edited by ISB; 18-Nov-2004, 05:06 PM. Reason: additional info

Although I've not solved the problem, I think I've found it....

I've currently got all my settings to the LAN address, so I'm guessing that actinic is generating the scripts etc, to look at this ip address.

Only problem is, if I change this to the site name, or ip address for the internet, I'm unable to upload as this address sends me to the router and firewall.

So I'm now finally stuck, and can't get no further. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian

Actinic only uses the internet address, via "Advance | Network Setup". When i went to your site, i could successfully search for "BenQ Joybee 150 MP3 Player with FM Radio and 128MB built in Flash memory" without any issue.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
      X