Use of "Back" button from Actinic to search engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use of "Back" button from Actinic to search engine

We have just signed up to Overture to get sponsored listings on search engines such as Yahoo etc. One of the requirements is that the URL link submitted in respect of each search term goes directly to our relevant product page and that after the customer has clicked through to the page from the search engine, he or she should be able to return to the search results simply by pressing the Back button.

We use Actinic 4 with frames enabled. When the customer goes directly to the product page from the search engine, that page is loaded followed by the frame. This has the effect that when the Back button is pressed, the product page simply reloads although the search results page appears as the second option if the down arrow next to the Back key is pressed.

Does anyone know of how we can get the customer back to the search engine in one click of the Back Button without removing the frames, please?

Many thanks

Regards

Steve Mason

Hi Steven

I'm afraid i would not know how to do this. To achieve what you want, you would need to know javascripts. If you go to "Advance | Template Manager", and click on the "Other Pages" tab. You should see a button called "Frame Loader", here is the javascript which loads up the frames. You would need to make changes here, but i would not know how to do this.

If there is any javascripter out there, feel free to comment to this thread

Another alternative would be to create an back image in the product layout and with the link set as the following

Code:
    javascript:history.go(-2)
    This should go back to the search page

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X