Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a contact form within actinic

Dear Community

I'd like to set up a contact (a few text fields/checkboxes etc) from within actinic (not as a brochure fragment).

I tried by creating a product - and assigning it a customvar of form.txt. Form.txt contained the html contact form calling my formmail script.

It looks great but when i hit the submit button I get an actinic error message saying that actinic cannot find the product id reference....

So I guess actinic is assuming that i'm trying to purchase that product.

This method clearly has some flaws!

Can anybody direct me to a resource that shows how to do this properly?

Thanks

Peter

can you not use a modified email form that comes with actinic, or create you own form and add a link/button in you menu. I currently have my own catalogue request form that the customer uses and is diplayed in a new window, aswell as using the mailform within actinic that i have modified to take address details, phone numbers e.t.c.

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

Actinic will have created a <form> and various inputs for the product. It might work for you if you put a closing </form> before your email form.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The most secure FormMail script comes from

http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/scripts.shtml

it is a version of Matts FormMail but has the advantage of not showing your email address in the HTML.

All email references are in the cgi script.

Thus you have a form which can not be used to harvest from, nor can anyone use your script to spam from.

Comment

The problem most likely related to the actinic page being a form - you can't have another form inside the form without closing out the previous form, then opening it again after your form is over.

It's not an easy task, but you can code around this - with some tinkering! Basically, you have some real challenges here.... good luck!

hth

Greg Hewitt-Long
          Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
          Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
          NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
          X