Content Tree Not Updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content Tree Not Updating

My 'content tree' isn't updating for new sections added. When creating new sections they look fine, but when previewing or uploading to the internet the old tree is still displayed without the new sections (yes, they have been saved).

Does anyone know why?

Do the sections have valid products in them?

Sections with no products, or a section of products marked as "Hide on web site" will not be added to the section list on the web site.

If this is not the case, do a refresh instead of the regular update website... if that fails.... there is something weird going on!

hth

Greg Hewitt-Long
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Content Tree Failure

Greg

Thanks for the reply. All the sections have products and none are checked to be hidden on the website. All was fine a week ago, but suddenly more problems seem to be arising. Since posting, the CGI bin isn't being found, although it doesn't stop the update and the site seems to functioning aside from the content tree issue. I tried applying the latest 7.02 version update today and I'm confronted with yet another issue; the server scripts being incompatible with my version of Actinic. Anyway, the content tree problem has been passed to Actinic's 'Developer Team'. I'll post the resolution when known.

Comment

Content Tree Failure

My content tree problems remain unresolved, and I've recently noticed when clicking on one section in the tree (online), it refers to a html file that no longer exists, either in Actinic or online (i.e. other_hardware.html).

Does anyone know where information pertaining to the content tree lookups are held?

Comment

Hi there

All sections within the content tree are simply html pages. So if you go to "View | Business Settings | Options" and put a tick in "Show Pages name when editing Catalog". Then if you click on "OK". All you sections will have the html filename next to them.
          I just wonder if you have hardcoded the sectin navigation, so it looking at the old html pages?

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Content Tree Failure

Nadeem

Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the html pages and the correct references are coded, although I didn't do it manually anyway. The tree simply isn't updating. It's an issue your collegue Seethapathy has been working on since 16/11, which has now passed to Krithika and the development team.

Comment

Working...
            X