Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duplicate image

Hello There,
    I am using catalog vers 7, and have just put a xmas themed site up untill i get a more professional template done. Question, i have a image down the left hand side of my site, when i scroll down any of the product pages, the image is duplicated. Please look at www.apresent4u.com to see what i mean. I believe the left hand image has been set as a background, which is why i am getting the problem of it duplicating. How can i get around this.

Many Thanks.

you have used background images to display your santa - background tile.

2 ways past this:

a. your background images need to be much larger to that they don't tile on larger pages.
    b. you use CSS to prevent tiling of the image - although this will create another problem.

hth

Greg Hewitt-Long
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Personally I wouldn't use a background image for the bottom of santa.

I would have a background image of your red/white stripe which tiles to fill the availble space.

Insert the image of the base of santa as an image at the top of the nav (position = TOP)

and then allow your navigation to start below santa.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        Personally I wouldn't use a background image for the bottom of santa.
        Nor would I - however, I was suggesting paths of least resistance - so I should have said, "here are two quick and easy way, not the only ways to fix the problems with the page...".

Neither of the ways I suggested is the method I would adopt - but I think both you and I know other ways to accomplish most things with Actinic - the basic templates are not necessarily designed to accomplish much apart from acting as a starting point.

Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Many thanks for your advice, but the bottom half of the santa is integrated into the stripes. looks like i may have to alter the design slightly.

Comment

Working...
          X