Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error messge : FTP upload : cgi-bin

Hi there,

Just thought i would share a possible solution to a problem i have had for the last two days.

I was having real trouble uploading my Actinic site which has been running fine up until a couple of days ago.

I did have a good head of hair a few days ago...now i look like Paul Daniels after a night on Tequilas...

I had not made any changes to it so i don't know why it suddenly encountered these problems.

My Actinic websites nromally take about 6 times to FTP properly anyway, but, over the past couple of days it has been freezing showing the following message:
    An error occurred while transferring files to the web site.

Possible Cause:
    Network timed out
    Network is down
    FTP server is down
    Remote server disk is full
    The permissions on the file or directory on the remote
    server are locked
    If the file being sent is a CGI script
    (nqxxxxxx.pl or caxxxxxx.pl) someone else may be
    using the same CGI script ID as you.

Recommendations:
    Abort

Resolution:
    Re-establish your network connection
    Be sure the FTP server is running
    Try re-installing the web site when the network is not so busy
    Make sure the disk is not full on the remote server
    Make sure the website and cgi-bin directories
    on the remote server are writable
    Make sure the files in the cgi-bin and website are writable
    Make sure your CGI script ID in the Advanced |
    Network Setup... dialog is unique for your web server.

File: ms000000.pl

Now i don't know what the heck it all means but after days of searching etc i changed the SERVER HOST name in the advanced > network setup section and replaced www.bootedup.com with the actual name of the server i was uploading to i.e. v4lkhn-45.web.host.com which was suggested to me by my hosting company.

Hope this saves someone out there some time if the same problem arises...right, i'm off for a well deserved and very large beverage.
    www.wonkeymonkey.com

Hi there

What version of Actinic are you running, if it is v7.0.2 then go to "Advance | Network Setup". Please check the "Enchanced FTP" option. You will see an FTP options button on the right, just click on the it and change the values in here.

Now try to do an upload, see if you get furthur. If the above does not work, then what connection do you have? Dial up, Broadband? Also who is your hosting company? and do they allow concurrent connections. Actinics uses for normal ftp that the server allow 5 minutes for 10 connections in 60 seconds.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Cheers Nadeem,

I am running version 7.02 and am on fast broadband.

My hosting company is www.vi.net who i have found fantastic and very helpful when a problem arises.

Thanks ever so much for your advice but i think at the moment i will go along the lines of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' approach as i've been stung before when i have changed something and it has affected other things and this is important as it's nearly Crimbo and my clients site is live.

I must admit i never noticed the enhanced options for the FTP...is it worth clicking this anyway?

When i wrote the message i was just half way through a message asking for help when i got it sorted...i thought i may as well post what i had written to give people a possible solution to a problem.

Anyway, i had my large beverage and now i am fine
      www.wonkeymonkey.com

Comment

Hi there

I must admit i never noticed the enhanced options for the FTP...is it worth clicking this anyway?
        Just like what you have written
        'if it ain't broke don't fix it'
        So i would say no

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

I have exactly the same problem, but I am running Actinic 7.01. I haven't been able to resolve the problem. The above error message always occurs on the same file ss******.pl where the *'s are the CGI script ID number.

I should point out that when the upload sequence reaches the ss******.pl file a popup error appears saying:-

200 Type set to A
          200 PORT command successful
          500 OR not understood

I'm completely stuck.

Is there a known solution for this yet?
          Using SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus

KTEC Group http://www.ktecgroup.co.uk

Label Printer & Barcode Systems

Comment

Hi there

Most of these issue are down to the server. You could try, and go to "Advance | Network Setup" and change the Script ID number to 2 or 99. Once you have done this, go to "Web | Refresh website". What you are doing now, is uploading a new set of scripts.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X