Sort order in Quickbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort order in Quickbooks

I am using the QB link to interface to/from Quickbooks. I use the sales receipts and invoices from QB to pull/pack orders. I want my products sorted on the AB sales receipts/invoices in alphabetic order. Right now I get something like

Prod-011
    Prod-101
    Prod-201
    Prod-012
    Prod-102
    Prod-202

It appears to sort on the LAST digit. Since my products are organized in the store alphabetically, this is a real pain in the rear.

I want them sorted:
    Prod-011
    Prod-012
    Prod-101
    Prod-102
    Prod-201
    Prod-202

etc.

Are you aware of this issue? Is it resolved in the new QB link or is that a solution I've missed along the way?

Thanks!

Pat
    -------

Pat

Pat,

I am trying to understand the nature of this issue. If I understand this correcly Actinic sorts the products in the catalog in the appropriate order. However when you transfer the order to Quickbooks as a sales receipt the items order is changed. It would seem to me that this is a quickbooks issue as Quickbooks is resorting the items.

One suggetion I would have is to run a picking list for your orders prior to teh transfer from Actinic to Quickbooks. This would give you your picking list in Actinic and the items would be in the correct order.

I may have missed your target here in my response. However I am very interested in understanding the problem to see if we can accomidate your need. If I am off target please send more details on your order processing process and what it is that you need to actaully fix in the process. It seems like teh order of items is a trivial thing but I am sure you see it as vital. I need more info to see the real source of pain with this.

Thanks

Brian
    Brian Johnson
    :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
    1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Brian, your understanding is correct. The sort is fine in Actinic, but gets out of whach in Quickbooks. I know this sounds trivial, but when I have 5000 products, most of them are single sheets of paper, all organized by product number, it is a real issue -- that is, increase in time to pull/pack an order. Not only does the time to pull increase, it also subjects us to more errors.

I can fax you a copy of a sales receipt of that helps.

I don't like to pack from the Actinic copy because the font is small, and there are no lines (actually there are lines, but they are too dim to see) to guide you across the page from the quantity to the product number. Our error rate was higher when we used the Actinic packing list. Can I change the layout of the packing list?
      -------

Pat

Comment

Wait, wait, wait!! I just printed an invoice from Actinic -- it prints in the very same order as the invoice in QB. Although I can click the header in Actinic and sort the products, it does not print this way. It looks like maybe this is an Actinic problem before the transfer takes place.
        -------

Pat

Comment

Pat,
          The issue you have is not with Actinic or Actinic Link. The problem you have is Quickbooks resorts your items in a different format after the import of a sales receipt. I would say its very unlikely Quickbooks will be making a change for you there. However I think it would be simple to modify the packing list report in Actinic to increase the font size and list items as needed. Reports are modified in Crystal reports software. You may consider posting a request for some one to modify the report or contact Jan from mole end to modify the report. If that does not work create a report and fax it to me with teh changes you need and I will see if I can handle the changes for you.

Enjoy

Brian
          Brian Johnson
          :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
          1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Brian, did you see my post above? The sort is wrong in Actinic. I communicated the info wrong initially. I'm sorry. Quickbooks is, in fact, printing in the same order as the Actinic packing list and the Actinic invoice.
            -------

Pat

Comment

Working...
            X