X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Us - in Product Section

Hi,

Using Smart Theme

In my product section I have a button entitled 'contact us' - rather than display a form on the site, this links straight into my email software. I'm conscious that not everyone uses outlook etc.. and I was wondering if when the customers click contact us that they can then be presented with a form they fill out instead?

Can anyone tell me how I do this?

Thanks as always

Linda
    www.bridgingthegaptonaturalhealth.com
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Hello Linda,

Your "contact us" will bring up the users email package. So it doen't matter if they are using outlook, eudora or whatever. So you don't need to worry about what program they're using.

If you would still rather have an online form for them to complete, you will need to replace the bit of code in the template that controls the "Contact us" with Netquotevar:NavBmail. That will bring up an online form for the customer to contact you.

Hope this helps.

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Thanks - by adding a form, how can I prevent potential spamming - or does it use their email to send?

Not sure if that makes sense.

Linda
      Best Regards
      www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
      www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
      www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Comment

Hello Linda,

check out this thread

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ht=online+form

It seems there may be some problems using the online form method of contact. However, the code in the above thread, taken from the knowledge Base hides your address and prevents spamming.

The online form that the client completes is sent to you from your website via your server. It doesn't involve the clients email package.

Hope this helps

Myles
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
        X