Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Actinic site be located on network drive

Team,
    We have a scenario in the office where we have two PCs. When the main PC is busy being used for emailing and other general admin duties like using account software, it would be nice to be able to run Actinic from the other PC until such times as the main one is available.
    Is it possible to have c:\program files\Actinic7\sites\site1 located on a network drive? Perhaps h:\program files\Actinic7\sites\site1 so that either machine can use/ modify the site when one of the other PCs becomes busy.
    I am sure this must have come up before, but before I start registry hacking I thought I would ask.
    I assume I couldn't use a unc file path of the form
    \\machine\share\site1

Andrew
    Andrew Fish
    Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
    For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
    "Batteries without the overcharging"

Hi Andrew,

Presently we are looking into a network version of Actinic. More information will be provided to you next month. However if you want to do this now, then you would need to change some registry entries. Actinic Support does not recommend this though.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Do we know how much the networking option is going to cost for V7 Developer, as I've only just managed to get the MD to buy Developer. If its gonna be cheaper to wait until the network option is available.
      Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
      When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Hi Russell

I'm afraid i have no details of that at the moment. All i can say is wait for next month for an annoucement.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

You can see my problem, I don't want to spend £1,100 on the Developer and then £500 on the multi user. Do you know what date you are going to release the information. I'll hold off till then.
          Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
          When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Hi Richard

Unfortunately there is no date yet.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X