Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

locking images

Hi,
    My client sells sports shoes on his site and has some 2005 shoes that he would like to put up on the web so customers can see them and preorder them before they are in stock. He doesn't want other resellers to be able to copy his product images from the web. Is there any way I can 'lock' the product images on the web within Actinic so people can't copy or download the images. I was hoping there might be some script I could put at the top of the product layout page to enable this for all images?... wishful thinking...?
    Many thanks Deborah

I would also be keen to find this out as I have noticed that some of my images are appearing on different sites.
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Watermark

Hi,

It's very difficult to actually prevent people from copying your images. You can use javascript, but this can easily be turned off. You can also find some server side technologies that prevent requests from an IP address other than the current host. However, best bet is really to put your company logo/uri on the image itself.

Try using something like Advanced Batch Converter http://www.batchconverter.com to add your company logo as a watermark to all your images in one go.

Andy

Comment

Working...
      X