• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products and Product Categories

Quote:
    Originally Posted by olderscot

______
    Chris is right that you'd have to put each product in twice but it isn't that difficult.

The best way is to define each product (car or whatever) once then use it as a component of the product description.

You can then copy and paste the product description into seperate areas, just changing the reference number for each one.

Mike
    ______

I am looking at achieving a similar task to Steve C (posted Oct 14th 2003). I have a client selling luggage. I have listed all my products by brand (ie Samsonite, Antler etc) in catalog and thats fine. I also need to be able to display a list by use, ie Suitcases, Handbags, Briefcases etc, which should be a clickable link on the left hand side, then those products would be displayed.

If I add the products in twice, as suggested in the previous thread, how do I create the link to this list without it adding itself on the end of the listings by brand too?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Rich.

Hi,

I think you would need to have two primary templates - one that has the link to the brand list and one that has a list to the usage list and apply each one to the relevant sections in the catalog.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

I have now added the text 'handbag' into the description of say Samsonite, then hardcoded the search phrase with a link 'handbags'. Seems to work ok but is perhaps a bit clunky.

Anyway, will give your method a go next time as it sounds better.

Thanks fo your help Tracey.

Rich.

Comment

Working...
      X