Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Management and Maintenace on 2 PC's

Hi,

I'm currently using V6 but am just about to upgrade to V7, having looked through some posts I am getting conflicting reports. What I would like to do is have 1 PC that only handles the site maintenance (but can view order status) and 1 PC that handles order management. I have tried the trial version of Mole End plugin, but it doesn't really give me what I want, I would prefer to have the order management machine have the same style and reports available as available in actinic.

I have read a few posts regarding creating database links etc, but it's beyond my limited knowledge.

I also understand that I can copy site 1 from one machine to the other, but that's really not what I want to do.

Does anybody know if Actinic are working on a networked version? Surely this option should be available.

Look forward to any suggestions.

Regards

Steven

Hi Steven

I heard that you could only do this with Developer, its not very clear in any place. I would like to know as we are updating in 15 days to V7 Developer.

Regards

Russell
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Steven,

I am using Actinic Develper 7 with 2 pcs and it is working out great. YOu can set up the Order processing machine to not be able to upload to the site and leave that option available on the pc you are using to add products, change attributes...etc. You have to be careful that you do not overwrite any orders on the order processing machine if you are importing a new site to that machine though. It seems to be working fine for me but I hope they have a networked version in the future because I need to have multiple people working on the same site without overwriting each other. I hope they can come up with a version where we all update to one computer and more than one person can be working on a update at a time.

You will not be able to view order status from the maintenance machine. Once the order is downloaded to a machine it stays there. It would be nice to be able to forward a order to a different machine though. I am running into problems where I have a few warehouses that ship products for me but I have to print the order, process it, and then fax receipts to the warehouses for them to ship. I would love to be able to forward a order to a warehouse and they could print their own invoices and save me having to fax things back and forth. If anyone know about any solutions to this problem please let me know at twilcox@christysports.com

Troy
      Last edited by Troy Wilcox; 22-Nov-2004, 04:15 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Hi thanks for that.

I did read a couple of posts regarding PDF's whereby you can print to PDF then email the order to your warehouse rather than faxing, don't know if that helps any.

It seems that actinic help you get to a point and then can't offer any further help. We are currently taking 50-100 orders per day, creates a bit of a problem when only one PC can access the customer orders.

If anybody knows of any way of doing this I am willing to Pay for something bespoke (not too much though!).

Regards

Steven

Comment

Russell,
          I heard that you could only do this with Developer, its not very clear in any place. I would like to know as we are updating in 15 days to V7 Developer.
          Developer doesn't have any multiuser facilities over and above the standard, two machine setup you get with catalog (eg. 1 for catalog maintenance and 1 for order processing).

Troy
          . I am running into problems where I have a few warehouses that ship products for me but I have to print the order, process it, and then fax receipts to the warehouses for them to ship. I would love to be able to forward a order to a warehouse and they could print their own invoices and save me having to fax things back and forth.
          We have two products that will export a report to PDF and email it to a third party address for you,

One Stop Automation - http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...utomation.html

One Stop Order Processing - http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...rocessing.html

You can buy a component of the first option that only emails orders for £45.

Simply Digital :

You can run Actinic on two machines by default, one for catalog maintenance, the other for order processing, order details have to be transferred manually over to the catalog maintenance machine.

We do this and then use our multiuser order processing tool to view orders from the other machines in our office. This does have a different interface to Actinic but this is because it is based around batch order processing and is designed for customers that have high numbers of orders - as an example, one of our customers is saving an average of two hours a day because they can send customer notification emails out with a single click rather than sending them one by one. The order processing reports are the standard Actinic reports by the way.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X