Very slow downloading orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very slow downloading orders

Whenever I download orders from my website it takes about a minute fot it to search for orders, once it has found the orders it will then take about 30 seconds to download each orddr and then the same again for the payment.

This problem has been getting worse over the past few weeks and as far as I can see I have not changed anything on my PC.

I also have another website on my PC running V7 and this has exactly the same problem.

Both sites are also on the same server.

Any ideas anyone please?

Many thanks in advance,

Martin

www.eliteelectronics.co.uk

Hi,

What is it like to upload the site? Is this also slow?

What type of connection do you have to the internet?

Who is your hosting company?

Are you able to upload your site to a different server to see if you get the same problem? Maybe register for our trial server here and see if you get the same problem on this server.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Thank you very much for the reply.

First of all we use a standard broadband connection here, all other uploads and downloads work fine we are just having problems with our two Actinic sites.

When we upload orders this is the same speed it has always been (between 5-10 minutes), it seems to be just the downloading of orders, for example I have just downloaded twenty five orders and it took nearly ten minutes.

Both of our web sites are on the same server (Cobalt RaQ550) and the service providor is Netscalibur .

Thanks in advance

Martin

www.eliteelectronics.co.uk
      www.accessorystore.co.uk

Comment

Maybe not connected, but Netscalibur got taken over by Claranet a few months ago.

Claranet also having uploading problems. Check the v7 forum for various posts and threads about this. May not be connected mind, just pointing out the possible `coincidence`.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Just so you know, I've hosted actinic on several different hosts and it only seems to take 2-3 seconds to download each order (with payment details). This is on a basic broadband setup.

So your experience isn't usual.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi,

To find out if this is a server issue you would need to try my suggestion of uploading the site to a different server. If the same problem occurs then it maybe your connection has some limits set on how much you can download at once or per month (just a thought!).
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Martin

I have 2 sites on exactly the same web server as you and have noticed the painful slowdown , only when downloading orders. I assumed it was an issue with my PC (that I havn't had time to sort out :-).

Anyhow I found and installed phpsysinfo, which has some very useful information.

I will be in touch with our hosting company who I am sure will be able to resolve.

Dom
              sales@sexy2wear.co.uk

Sexy 2 Wear Lingerie - WARNING Contains Lingerie Images
              Dom Watts
              sales@sexy2wear.co.uk
              Sexy 2 Wear Lingerie - WARNING contains adult images

Comment

Netscalibur AKA Clara.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling