Can't link to a specific product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't link to a specific product

This is driving me crazy. I have not had any problems linking to another product in the past but for for some reason Actinic doesn't like one of the products. It keeps coming up with "The specified product reference (DC93) couldn't be found." even though there is nothing that I can see wrong with product reference DC93.

I have tried moving the product to another category, renaming the product reference (and of course changing the link) and compacting the database with no successs. What is interesting is that when I link to another product on the same page, the problem product is not displayed, but if I do a page preview the problem product shows up fine.

I'm using the following html:Compatible with the
    !!<<A HREF='http://www.minute-man.com/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?PRODREF=DC93&NOLOGIN=1'>DC93 Microphone </A>>!!for stage applicatons

So what is the product and where is it on your website?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Can't Link

Hi Mike,
      Thanks for your help

Here is a link to the product I'm trying to link to:

http://minute-man.com/acatalog/Onlin...hones__82.html

The product is model DC93

I'm trying to link to it from product PA-503 located at:

http://minute-man.com/acatalog/Onlin..._Amps_108.html

Doug

Comment

Hi Doug,

That link is working for me. (Although the text says DM-520P) the link brings up the DC93 Mic OK.
        Have you tried clearing your cache memory?

Regards

Richard

Comment

Works fine for me. Takes me to the correct product as specified in your Link. However I think you've simply given it the wrong description.

The product PAT-30 uses a similar type of link and in this case the description of the link and the links product do match.

Using IE6 on XP-SP2.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Please take a fresh look at it again, this time I have both links on the amplifier which is the way I want it.

I neglected to change the link back to the correct product when I was doing some tests, but it was good for the test as you were able to link to the DC93. Click on the DC93 link now and see if it takes you to that product.

How does one clear the cache memory? Is this browser cache memory?

Thanks guys,
            Doug

Comment

Well guys its working now, but I don't believe I did anything different. Is it possible I needed to clear the cache memory, if so what is that mean and how do I do that.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Doug,

Yes, I meant the browser cache memory. I have found from past experience, that after changing some code, if nothing appears to be different, it is often because the old page from the browser cache memory is still being shown, rather than the updated page.
                Both links are working fine here.

Regards

Richard

Comment

Working...
                X