Attribute selected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attribute selected?

I am using Attribute and Choice on many products, mostly with Radio Buttons.

If I have two or more choices available, then the first buttons is pre-selected and everything works OK. However if I have only one choice available due to being 'temporarily out of stock' of the other items, then the remaining choice is not pre-selected.

This results in just the Product description showing on the order, without the choice. If this showed on the order, I would be sure I was sending the correct colour/size that the customer required.
    I there a way that I can force the choice button for this one item to be pre-selected.

This does not seem to be a problem if I use a drop list.
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Worked around this temporarily by using Option 4 (Push Button) this also seems to work when only one choice is available.

Would still like to know if the Radio Buttons can be made to work as per previous post.
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Comment

Hi there

I don't think this can be done, the reason being, is that Actinic is a template driven program. Therefore if you make a change within the template that controls the radio button, then actinic will do this globally throughout your whole site.

There is nothing you could do, apart from changing it to push buttons instead.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

I was not proposing a solution that involved editing templates. I just wanted to know if this was a fault or ommision within catalog or if perhaps I was missing some setting somewherethat is related to choices.

If it is an ommision, then could it be resolved by a patch (wish list) by the addition of an 'IsSelected' to choices.
        Mick Jackson
        Jackson's Fishing Tackle
        www.jackfish.net

Comment

Mike,

I'm not seeing the problem you describe. I added 3 choices to a product and then deleted 2 until only 1 was left. Regardless of which one (1st, 2nd or 3rd) was left, it always was preselected.

I also added these choices to a component and again it worked OK.

Could you post an URL of a page with the problem?
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

On this page about half way down. Item is Maxima Nylon Line 100m. - 4lb. (1.8kg.) Ref: MAX4.

As you will see the one remaining Radio Button is not selected and if added to the shopping cart it will not show the chioce name.

http://www.jackfish.net/acatalog/Onl...on_Line_7.html
            Mick Jackson
            Jackson's Fishing Tackle
            www.jackfish.net

Comment

I see you are using 7.0.2. Either your database is corrupt or this is an Actinic bug. The generated HTML code for that unselected single radio button is:-

Code:
              <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="v_MAX4_1" VALUE="2" > Ultra Green
              and that VALUE="2" is for selecting the 2nd of 2 or more choices. Sure enough Adding to Cart with the choice selected gives:-

A General Script Error Occurred
              Error: Illegal component/attribute combination
              as you have a product with only 1 available choice but the generated HTML is trying to select the 2nd (non-existent) choice.

One for Actinic to fix I'm afraid.

PS When I tested (a few posts above) I was using 7.0.1. I'm not using 7.0.2 as the uncertainty over CUSTOMVARS maintaining their values makes it useless for me.

If you had the time and energy it might be worth copying Actinic and your site to a spare system, downgrading that to 7.0.1 and seeing if the problem arises there.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman

Happy to know it is not me and is Catolog that is messing up. Option 4 (Radio Button) is acceptable, at least for the time being, until I can find a fix.

Appreciate your comment about trying 7.01 but as 7.02 fixed problems with offline ordering and one or two other bugs I do not want to go back.

Will try it on another system though, just to see if it is as you suspect. Having paid for the software I like it ALL to work as designed and not have to use workarounds on basic functions.
                Mick Jackson
                Jackson's Fishing Tackle
                www.jackfish.net

Comment

Hi there

Will try it on another system though,
                  If you try it on another system using a snapshot, and the database is corrupt, then you will be transferring the issue across.

I would suggest in registering an email ticket, seeing if this is a possible bug, or if its something in your database?. The address is: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeen

Was not thinking of using 'snapshot' I use imported data from Excel so could rebuild without it, especially as the templates have not been altered too much.

Will register an email ticket if this proves to be a fault.
                    Mick Jackson
                    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
                    www.jackfish.net

Comment

Working...
                    X