Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complex Shipping Cost structure - user pop-up help box needed

Hi All

I'm planning to make my shipping charge structure somewhat more complex than at present to allow charges for some different destinations to be included. There are also some timing options (eg pre-9am=more expensive) and the bottom line is we end up with a lot of options, some of which need explaining. Which means that the drop-down box where the user selects the shipping option won't any longer be self-explanatory. So I need to be able to launch a pop-up box with explanatory text (just like the extended info text on products) triggered by clicking on a button that sits somewhere near the drop-down shipping selection.

Any ideas how to do this? I think the pop-up box bit is really an HTML question, but not sure where to insert the code.

Has anyone done this before, perhaps having a solution?

Thanks

Nick
    Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

The drop down list of shipping locations is generated from Design / Text / Phase -1, ID 1204. You could put an onchange="showinfo(this.value)" in there where the JavaScript function showinfo (which you'll have to write) displays the popup depending on what choice is selected.

Alternatively you could edit Act_ShippingSelectTemplate.html and add in lots of descriptive text there.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X