Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed problems / Perl scripts slow

Hi,

We have recently launched a site using v6 and are a little concerned that our checkout process is slow, i.e. the standard html pages load ok but the perl scripts seem to run very slow when compared to other Actinic sites. We've tried to optimise the server but we don't seem to be able to improve the performance. We are just about to try testing with another host (currently we are hosting ourselves using 500k adsl). We are running Microsoft IIS.

Anybody got any ideas ?, the website is www.eu-golf.co.uk.

Mike

Sorry the url is www.eu-golf.co.uk (without the full-stop at the end).

Comment

Hmm. My suggestions are to see if you can increase the amount of memory that the Perl resources use. Also, check whether 'Digest-MD5' is installed on your IIS server by opening a command line on the server and typing

ppm install Digest-MD5

This is assuming your web host is using ActivePerl - you will need to check with them about this.

Comment

Chris thanks for the input - we did some testing with another host and found it ran much faster. Seems like the servers we are using aren't as quick as they need to be!.

Mike

Comment

Chris

Just opened this thread again to keep this issue in one place.

Using the digital download module but not sure if this is having an effect.

Our ISP is telling us that the Scripts are not returning memory to the system after usage. Every time we order the RAM in use increase by 2-6Mb.

I have called support but though I would also post here to see what others are saying
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
          X