Snapshot failure on upgrade V6 to V7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot failure on upgrade V6 to V7

I have just experienced numerous failures of the snapshot import into V7 from V6

I imported two different site snapshots from the same computer into my new V7 on a new computer without problem they loaded and upgraded without problem.

I tried the same with my third site and the snapshot window just kept passing the envelope between folders for ever and would not stop except by ctr alt del

I compressed the database and re ran snapshot backup and tried to transfer that to the computer without success

I went back 5 past snapshots one at a time and still got the same result

On the sixth snapshot it all went well and no problems

Question all snapshots showed no problems when made and all showed succesfull. How do we now what is a good snapshot and why do we get bad ones.

Is there another way except backup the who site each time
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris

Question all snapshots showed no problems when made and all showed succesfull. How do we now what is a good snapshot and why do we get bad ones.
    A good snapshot should be able to open in Winzip. If you get an error when opening a snapshot in Winzip, then it is corrupted.
    Why you get bad one, its hard to say. Are you exporting onto a network drive? If so, then change it to export to the desktop. I normally always export to the desktop.

Is there another way except backup the who site each time
    Some people for backing up purposes would zip up their site folder, as as well as save their encryption key ("Housekeeping | Security" in Actinic) in notepad. Therefore on another pc, they would install the software, extract the zip file to their site folder, and copy and paste the encryption key from notepad back into the actinic software.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the reply Nadeem

I have checked out a few backups using winzip 9.0 sr-1

All bu one when trying to open with winzip comes up with this error

Start of central directory not found. zip file corrupt. poss cause file transfer error

I just ran another snapshot and got the same message

When you try to open in winzip using the zip file type most site snapshots are hidden and only one remains on view which does open

Also when making a snapshot the envelope that goes from side to side stops working after a couple of second but at the end it says the snapshot was successfull

Hopeing to move everything to developer V7 this week but now confused as to what to do next as I have been working imported my sites to V7 on another computer and upgraded that to V7 and done some work on the reference numbers and was going to when ready upgrade the online computer to V7 and then import a snapshot from offline computer. but will i be importing a problem
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris

but will i be importing a problem
        I'm not sure. All i can say is safetly take a backup like i had written before in my post

Some people for backing up purposes would zip up their site folder, as as well as save their encryption key ("Housekeeping | Security" in Actinic) in notepad. Therefore on another pc, they would install the software, extract the zip file to their site folder, and copy and paste the encryption key from notepad back into the actinic software.
        If the issue does come across, then it suggest that there is an issue with actinic not unlocking the access database, prior to running a snapshot

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X