Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding PRODUCTDESCRIPTION to CART template

Hello,

I'm playing around with template editing in V7, and I particularly wanted to include the 'Long description' in the shopping cart display 'Act_ShoppingCartXML.html'

However, when I insert NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION just after the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME which was already there... all I get is literally NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION

I was rather expecting I would see the relevant product long description.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and what I am doing wrong?

Any help very gratefully received!

Alec
    Alec Moss
    Business Webpage Ltd
    Web Design
    Starter Websites

Hi Alec

I'm afraid this variable will not work in the checkout. The only workaround i could think of is using CUSTOMVAR. The problem with this, is that you would also need to edit the orderscript.pl and include the customvar somewhere here. So you would need to have some knowledge of perl.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

If you go to View / Business Settings / Options and Enable Extended Product Description for Customer Reports this will cause an extra tab "Report Description" to appear against your product details.

Whatever you put in there will be stored in the Cart (it's intended use is as extra info for the customer e-mail and printed reports).

It should, however, not be too hard to patch the Perl scripts to display that info in the cart.

I may have already done a patch that helps with this but for older versions of Actinic. See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/ for details.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X