Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

107mb Actinic Database

Hi All

I'm not sure what a large database file is but ours is 107mb, I was just wondering what the compact database feature did and what problems I might encounter.

Regards

Russell
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

The compact database option effectively removes "white space". E.g if you removed 100 products, the space those products took up in the database is not "released" until you compact the database. It basically purges all the unused space in the database file.

There should be no problems in compacting it, but as always, take a copy of the .mdb first...

Kevin
    KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

This can happen after lots of edits or imports. Compact should reduce the size dramatically. You can always copy the .mdb somewhere safe before you try just in case. I've never had problems compacting, however.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks guys, i'll give it a go. After my upload completes.
        Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
        When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

I'll bet it shrinks to a slim 10% of its former glory.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Unfortunately we have around 1000 pages to upload so if i get to do it before I go home i'll be impressed.

Comment

Working...
            X