Help finding Version 7 User Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding Version 7 User Guide

Hi - can anyone tell me where to find the User Guide for version 7?

In version 5 & 6 it existed within the main directory under Program Files but it does not seem to exist in Version 7.

I'm trying to find out how to use the text mode but not with much luck at the moment.
    Regards
    David

Hi David

Within the software, you need to go to "Help | Starter Guide". Alternatively you could simply go to "C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Starter Guide"

Here you will find the StarterGuide.pdf which is the user guide, as well as a design guide. Both are .pdf files.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem - are you sure that this is the correct?

The user guide in V6 is about 387 pages long and is an in-depth guide to using Actinic. The V7 starter guide is 53 pages long and just skims the surface.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Hi David,

If you go to the Actinic site, click on "support", then "Downloads". You'll find more indepth guides for Ver.7. "Advanced Users Guide", "Designing with Actinic".

Hope this helps.

Myles Sinclair
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi David

There is no hard copy for the userguide or the .pdf. The information was assimilated within the help files. So if you go to "Help | Help Topics" and click on the "Content" tab, you should see the whole help was rewritten to include this information, that was originally in the user guide.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Naseem - that is very dissapointing - I always found the pdf userguide more useful than the help files. Please see if it can be reinstated.

Back to my original post "How do I use the TEST mode." I have done a search in the online help and cannot seem to find it.
            Regards
            David

Comment

David,

Is this what you're after?

You can also put Actinic in 'Test Mode' in order to check the store works correctly online without putting it 'live'. To do this, go to 'Web | Switch to Test Mode'. When you next upload, Actinic will upload your store pages to a sub-folder called 'test' within the 'acatalog' folder online. Once you can verified the store is working correctly, you can switch out of test mode and put the site live.
              Myles Sinclair
              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Thanks Myles - where did you find this?
                Regards
                David

Comment

Hello David,

It's easy to miss.

Go to to help and search on "test mode". it finds six results which at first glance have little to do with "Test Mode". If you click on the last result, "Upgrading to new Actinic Versions", that's where it is!

Best wishes,

Myles
                  www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Myles - this is indeed VERY easy to miss - thanks for pointing it out!

When did this little featurette make it into Actinic????
                    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
                    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
                    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Test Mode?

new to V7

Comment

yes - test mode loading to a different folder - I was aware of test mode putting a store up and not being able to take live orders, but I wasn't aware that it used a separate folder and would not impact a "live" store.
                        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
                        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
                        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
                        X