Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Files I want being Overwritten on Upload

Hi,

Wondered if anyone had any tips or suggestions, as I seem to be having a problem with files I create. So that we can use an Affiliate programme, I have altered the order04.html page to include the new code, however when I then try to upload the site, Actinic replaces my version of the page with the original version.

I have created the page in to the main Actinic folder within Program Files, then tried copying it into SiteHTML but all to no avail. It did seem to work for a while, ie didn't replace the file, but now has begun to replace it again even though nothing has changed. At the moment, the only way I can get my version of order04.html online is to manually upload it using an FTP app.

Has anyone come across a similar problem, or know of a way to allow this to be done.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Tacklebargains.co.uk

Located: Cheshire, UK

I have altered the order04.html page
    you need to change ACT_order_04.html and not, as I suspect order_04.html

Comment

When looking through the HTML, there is no mention of the NETQUOTEVAR:SUBTOTAL within the ACT_Order04.html or the prices of each product. These attributes are known within Order04.html.

As I mentioned, I have the Affiliate code working by adding it into Order04.html, and previously had no problems with this file being overwritten. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to why my version of Order04.html is being overwritten on Upload (no settings have been changed).
      Tacklebargains.co.uk

Located: Cheshire, UK

Comment

the ACT_ files are the ones you make changes to, the order files are generated on upload.

so if you make a change to ACT_order_04.html it will generate a new order_04.html.

i can't comment on how you got your referrer to work by edittin order_04 , unless of course you manually uploaded it yourself

Comment

Working...
        X