Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon Codes

Hi,

Searched all the listings but not sure I found what I was looking for.

I'm trying to set up a coupon code for customers so that they receive 5% off their order.

I have tried to create the coupon code but when I upload my store, the box doesn't appear at all - can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

The site was originally built in Actinic catalog v6 and I then transferred it to developer 7.

any help is much appreciated

Linda
    www.aloevera-and-you.com
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

There is a tab in the coupon dialog called Miscellaneous, that has checkboxs to say where the coupons can be entered.

Having said that, the coupon code didn't work on the product pages or shopping basket for one of my V7 sites when I upgraded from V6, so I just use them in the shopping cart.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Still not working am I missing something?

Hi,

Not sure If I'm missing something here. I'm trying to set up the coupon code but everytime I upload no box appears for the customer to enter the code.

I've gone into the discount and surcharges box and created a discount that enables customers to get 5% off their total order if they input the code DISC5. In misc tab I've stated to allow coupon code entry in checkout - but no box appears.

Does it have something to do with copy URL to clipboard - what's that mean I've selected it but nothing happens.

As previously mentioned this site is an upgrade from v6 catalog to v7 developer - could this be the problem?

Thanks as always
      Linda Bridgestock
      www.aloevera-and-you.com
      Best Regards
      www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'

Comment

Hi Linda

I would suggest in opening your Act_Primary.html.

You should have the following code in here

Code:
        NETQUOTEDEL:CAPTURECOUPON
        NETQUOTEVAR:FORMEND
        <form method="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD" action="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIURL">
        <!-- coupon entry begins -->
        <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
          <tr> 
            <td><strong><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONTITLE</font></strong>&nbsp;<font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONMESSAGE</font></td>
            <td valign="top" nowrap>
        <input type="TEXT" name="COUPONCODE" size="15" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONCAPTION" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
        &nbsp;<input type="SUBMIT" name="ACTION" value="NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONACTION">
            </td>
          </tr>
        </table>
        </form>
        NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN
        <!-- coupon entry ends -->
        NETQUOTEDEL:CAPTURECOUPON
        If this code is not here, then thats the reason why the coupon code is not showing up.
        Setting this up in Act_Primary.html will have your coupon box showing in the store pages.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks I've managed to get the coupon code on to store pages but when the customer comes to pay for the order the discount isn't reflected in the final amount - although it is reflected if you view cart!

Is there any way I can get the coupon code to display only at the checkout stage???
          Best Regards

Comment

Hi Linda

If you go to "View | Discount and Surcharging Settings | Miscellaneous" and here for Allow Coupon Code Entry, simply tick it for shopping cart and checkout.

This will allow you to enter to a coupon code on the view cart and checkout.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

I've done that, but the box doesn't appear at all now?
              Best Regards

Comment

Hi Linda

It looks like your checkout stages have not been updated with the coupon code information. All i can suggest would be to go to the following folder "C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Formats\Themes\BusinessCSS" and copy the following files

Act_ShoppingCart.html
                Act_ShoppingCartXML.html
                Act_Order00.html
                Act_Order01.html
                Act_Order02.html
                Act_Order04.html

and paste these files within your site1 folder

Update the site and check it.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks

Now working fine!
                  Best Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X