Lost shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost shop

Still struggling with Actinc Business V7 which is not connecting to the order pages. I have searhed the files and replace the Discount information in the ProductBody and ProductLine templates, uploaded again and still the same problem. Is anyone able to shed any light on this please. The site has been running smoothly for a year or more, but the upgrade to V7 is proving very costly.

The message below is the latest...

A General Script Error Occurred
    Error: Mallformed XML cart template (missing DiscountInfoLine)Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    Jane Davies
    www.asplash.com

You are still using the previous version (v6?) and can revert that for your "live" store?

When migrating, we suggest that you first increment the CGI-Script ID on the newer version, and make a sub-folder within your site to upload your "test" migration to - you can now upload the newer version and complete your testing before making a few small tweaks to your upload location to "go live" with your newer store.

Back to your problem though....

We had similar problems with some hosting clients who upgraded - and for some reason we're supporting their store, even though we don't supply Actinic upgrades since the US distributor slashed our meagre margin to ZERO on upgrades (different gripe)... anyway, the upgrade to 7 has yielded at least 2 similar problems that I've run across.

My guess is that the conversion script messed up your design - if this is the case, apply one of the standard themes, upload and check that the store is working. If it does the trick, then you should re-apply your design to the closest Actinic base theme.

The suggested fix was to copy the standard Actinic scripts from the "Original" folder to the site1 folder - this was fraught with more problems, as it was unclear where to stop copying the scripts - we found a "quicker" method - the one I outlines above.

Before doing ANYTHING - make sure you take a snapshot and save it in a safe place. At every major step, snapshot again - and save to a safe place again.

For general peace of mind, we strongly suggest to our clients, and any Actinic user really, that basing your store on Actinic templates and maintaining a log or journal of the customizations you made from standard to your own version of the template will help you get back in the event of a disaster.

You should maintain several logs:

1. template & design changes - anything done to templates, color settings and images
    2. text & content changes (terms and conditions, display text within Actinic)
    3. behavior changes (including zones, countries, tax, shipping, payment etc.)

Within Actinic you can save your own color and themes, but the theme will only help you if the base templates are unaltered - if they do change significantly, you can still be left with a migration problem.

hth

Greg Hewitt-Long
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Back in Business

Thanks to all for your help.

Actinic stepped in and rescued the shop. Only wish that the weekend hadn't got in the way. I must remember never to make drastic changes on a Friday!

Thanks again, Jane
      Jane Davies
      www.asplash.com

Comment

Working...
      X