Fragment spacing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragment spacing problem

I've used the script that Norman kindly provided for a home page layout as follows:

Row 1: fragment 1 (570 wide)
    Row 2: fragment 2 (570 wide)
    Row 3: fragments 3,4, and 5 (each 180 wide)
    ... and rows of 3 fragments thereafter.

The problem I have is that row 3 has a considerable space, about 40 pixels, between itself and the previous row. I can't see anything in the HTML that would cause the space and the subsequent rows of 3 fragments are OK.

As it's for a live site, I can't upload anything, so I've uploaded a screenshot to http://www.clientzone.co.uk/party-fragments1.jpg (sorry about the quality)

What I'm aiming to reproduce is at http://www.party-in-style.co.uk/, although the layout was originally achieved by using lots of HTML in the fragments, which I'm trying to eliminate to make things easier for the client.

Any ideas, anyone?

Malcolm
    ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Hi Malcolm

Without seeing the website on a test server, it would be hard to see where the 40 pixel is coming from I'm afraid

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

The site has now been uploaded to a test server at http://www.artisan-internet.co.uk/

Malcolm
      ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
      ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

Looking at the test server, when it places a new brochure page, it uses the startfrag() javascript function.

Within the startfrag() function, there is a line as follows

Code:
        var colwidth = Math.floor(100 / brochurecols);
        I take this to means 100% width divide by the number of brochure columns you have specified.

You could try changing this line. Although Norman may provide a better answer to this.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Test the page with compact cgi ticked if it's not already as we have found this can throw things off a bit
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
            Within the startfrag() function, there is a line as follows

Code:
            var colwidth = Math.floor(100 / brochurecols);
            I take this to means 100% width divide by the number of brochure columns you have specified.
            You could try changing this line. Although Norman may provide a better answer to this.
            Hmm... not sure if it's a good idea to change that line, what do you think, Norman?

Malcolm
            ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
            ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by garyhay
              Test the page with compact cgi ticked if it's not already as we have found this can throw things off a bit
              Yes, I've found that too, however Compact HTML/CGI is ticked.

Malcolm
              ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
              ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

I've used the script that Norman kindly provided for a home page layout as follows:
                These scripts are now "Donationware" (I see that yours was downloaded since I changed to this) and I'll be happy to help once I know people are actually honouring this.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                  These scripts are now "Donationware" (I see that yours was downloaded since I changed to this) and I'll be happy to help once I know people are actually honouring this.
                  Quite right too! I had the "Auto Brochure Multi Columns" page bookmarked so I missed the message on your home page. If you could email me at office[at]artinet.co.uk I'll be happy to donate

Malcolm
                  ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                  ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

If you look at your page source you'll see

</body> <body>

between fragments. This isn't in my patching readme so only you can fix this.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                    X