Excessive payments in completed tab..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive payments in completed tab..

I know this has been raised before but I want to clarify an inconsistency in what Actinic (7.0.1) is doing.

Scenario 1) Customer orders one item (free shipping)
    Customer returns item ,I unship and cancel, Balance of order is £0, Excessive payment status is assigned but ORDER STAYS IN COMPLETED TAB.

Scenario 2) Customer orders one item and selects option £1 surcharge for first class shipping.
    Customer returns item, I unship and cancel. Balance of order shows as £1, excessive payments status is assigned but ORDER STAYS IN COMPLETED TAB.

Scenario 3) Customer orders 2 items (free shipping or £1 first class, doesn't matter)
    Customer returns ONE item which I unship and cancel. Balance of order shows for the remaining item, excessive payment received status is assigned and ORDER MOVES TO PENDING?!

Scenario 4) as scenario one but I add a temporary order adjustment of £1 to make balance £1 and order moves to PENDING (I do this so I don't overlook the ones that require refunding when I am unable to do it immediately)

So, in both scenario 2 and 4, there is a balance of £1 but a totally different outcome?
    Surely an "excessive payment received" order should move to PENDING regardless?
    Has this issue been resolved in either of the patches? I couldn't find reference to it when I looked?
    Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

Hi Tracey

From all your Scenario, did you go into "Progress and Payment" tab of an order, click on "View Payment", and deleted the entry in here for debit card.

If you have not done this, and you have cancelled an order, then this will bring up excessive payment.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
      Hi Tracey

From all your Scenario, did you go into "Progress and Payment" tab of an order, click on "View Payment", and deleted the entry in here for debit card.

If you have not done this, and you have cancelled an order, then this will bring up excessive payment.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem,
      The point is, the order should move to the pending tab until such time as the payment/refund can be sorted!
      I'm not always in a position to be able to refund immediately and the order needs to be visible as needing attention (I do highlight it but its not much use highlighted in the middle of a huge list of completed orders!)
      If I delete the transaction (which I don't do, I add a refund transaction) then, when I do come to process the refund, I will have no record of the transaction number and won't be able to find it with my PSP.
      This is definitely a bug (exclusive to V7, doesn't do it in V6 and didn't used to in V5/4) and needs fixing.
      I assume it's not been fixed in patch .02 or .03 so can you please add it to the request list to be worked on sometime soon? I can't be the only one thinking it's wrong?
      Cheers
      Tracey
      Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

I think this is a problem, and I will pass it onto the development team and it will hopefully get sorted in a future release.

Comment

Working...
        X